ATI fans -- need info on board partner warranty policy

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
Yes, I'm feeling a bit lazy. Rather than research all the ATI partners and cross-reference with hot deals, I was wondering if anyone's done this research.

Are there any ATI partners with > 1 year warranty periods, that are true warranties? E.g., if the shelf life of the card expires, I don't want the warranty to automatically expire as well.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. the X850XT I had found a new home sooner than I was expecting. Which means I need a replacement card, and fast.

fierydemise

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sapphire has a 3 year and powercolor has lifetime. I'm not sure about anything else but IIRC most companies have better then a 1 year warranty.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
Originally posted by: fierydemise
Sapphire has a 3 year and powercolor has lifetime. I'm not sure about anything else but IIRC most companies have better then a 1 year warranty.

On the nvidia side, yes. EVGA and BFG set the expectations there. But on the ATI side, 1 year is standard now that ATI themselves dropped the warranty period. Thanks, going to try seeing re: sapphire and powercolor's warranty terms.

Jun 14, 2003
Originally posted by: v8envy

On the nvidia side, yes. EVGA and BFG set the expectations there. But on the ATI side, 1 year is standard now that ATI themselves dropped the warranty period. Thanks, going to try seeing re: sapphire and powercolor's warranty terms.

i think its power color who have the best warrenty for ATI, im not sure they cover over clocking like EVGA do though. (if only they started making both nv and ati cards!)

golem

Oct 6, 2000

I think Powercolor is lifetime only on x1900 cards. Any other series is not lifetime.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
Well, ordered the Sapphire X1800XT retail from the 'egg. I'll read up on their warranty once it gets here.

Absolutely uninterested in volt modding or overclocking, so a 1+ year warranty is about the only thing I need from my graphics card vendor. I could find nothing about their warranty terms on Sapphire's site, and it looks like you're right re: lifetime only applying to the X1900 for Powercolor.

golem

Oct 6, 2000
Originally posted by: v8envy
Well, ordered the Sapphire X1800XT retail from the 'egg. I'll read up on their warranty once it gets here.

Absolutely uninterested in volt modding or overclocking, so a 1+ year warranty is about the only thing I need from my graphics card vendor. I could find nothing about their warranty terms on Sapphire's site, and it looks like you're right re: lifetime only applying to the X1900 for Powercolor.

Most gold and above credit cards will double up a one year warrenty.