ATI Eyefinity set up help

deadman6

Jan 5, 2011
Hello I have a single ati 5750 video card. And i am wanting to use ATI Eyefinity. I bought this displayport adapter. And have a dvi monitor and a hdmi monitor hooked up and another hdmi monitor through the display-port adapter. I Have windows 7 64-bit and when i try and extend all 3 monitors it says i need to disconnect one of the monitors....

Is the display port adapter i bought passive? and if it is where can i buy an active one?

Any suggestions?

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
Yes, the one you bought is passive.

You can buy active adapter here.

These adapters support a max resolution of 1920 X 1200.

deadman6

Jan 5, 2011
Is there any active display port's to hdmi? cause i have plenty of hdmi cables already that will reach my third moniter so i would like to use two hdmi and one dvi if possible...

And thanks for fast response :)

deadman6

Jan 5, 2011
actually my new samsung monitor came with a female dvi to male hdmi cords.....

So if I get the active display port to dvi adapters and use my dvi to hdmi coord with it It would be a good resolution?

Because my video card has 2 dvi's and a displayport and a hdmi output... But only one of my monitors has a dvi input... the other two have hdmi and vga....

betasub

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2006
my video card has 2 dvi's and a displayport and a hdmi output

One of the DVI outputs on the graphics card is "shared" with the HDMI output. Have you tried with the DVI display connected to the other DVI output on the card? Are you able to run every combination of your monitors as a pair?