• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Ati driver question

Lostpc

Mar 9, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am about to upgrade my video card from 4670 to 6850. Should I uninstall my current ati drivers or just simply upgrade? Thank you and I appreciate any replies.

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
Download driver sweeper or what its called, and reg cleaner... if you do that your sure you ll run into no issues.

But its probably not needed, you can just put in new card, install drivers and have no issues (Im assumeing this is what happends to most people).

*IF* you happend to get issues then, then its time for driversweeper+regcleaner ect.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
If i were you i would download the 11.4 preview, been getting nice results from benchmarks so far.

As far as installing them, do what Arka mentioned already.

Lostpc

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you Ark and Raven. When I get the card I will install the newest drivers and see if there are any hichups. I'm kinda excited since I'm upgrading from a HIS 4670, which was giving me problems running games at 1920 x 1080.. I bought the powercolor 6850 hoping to be able run close to max settings.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS