ATI driver problem with CS GO

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with my Raedon HD 6900 when playing CS GO. I have tried the current 13.4 driver and the beta driver and both make the game crash and I get an error message in the bottom right of the taskbar saying "AMD driver has recovered from a problem". I can then alt tab back into the game, but it will just happen again. It seems to happen when I bring up the scoreboard in the game, but not every time.

So far I have tried re installing the drivers with using CC cleaner and driversweeper to make sure the ati drivers are completely gone. I've also tried deleting and re installing MS Visual C++ redistributable, but that didn't work either.

I really have no clue what to try next. Any help would be much appreciated.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
There are much newer beta drivers than 13.4 available. Search for 13.6.

Also, are you overclocked? if so go back to stock.

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010
I had the same problem but didn't try very hard to solve it, game would crash after 1 or 2 mins, usually quicker. Hope you find solution, maybe try more recent drivers.

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
Yeah I have tried 13.1, 13.4 and beta 13.6. All give the same problem. I think I'll try re-installing the game and see if that helps... I'm just a bit stumped on what else I can try short of formatting and reinstalling everything :(

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with my Raedon HD 6900 when playing CS GO. I have tried the current 13.4 driver and the beta driver and both make the game crash and I get an error message in the bottom right of the taskbar saying "AMD driver has recovered from a problem". I can then alt tab back into the game, but it will just happen again. It seems to happen when I bring up the scoreboard in the game, but not every time.

So far I have tried re installing the drivers with using CC cleaner and driversweeper to make sure the ati drivers are completely gone. I've also tried deleting and re installing MS Visual C++ redistributable, but that didn't work either.

I really have no clue what to try next. Any help would be much appreciated.

I play CS go on my previous 6950 but with older drivers and its was fine.

i still have the card i'm on the 13.4 drivers now I can throw it back in the system and see if I get this on the newer drivers.

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
Thanks for the help guys, I think I have solved it.

After being convinced it was a driver problem and reinstalling drivers about 15 times, reinstalling .net and visual C++ Redistributable a few times, it turns out reinstalling the game has done the trick I think. I only played for 30 mins, but I had no crashes. Using the most up to date stable drivers I have (13.4), I haven't tried the beta 13.6, but if it's working fine I'm not going to mess around with it anymore :)