ATi distributors

jacksone

Oct 15, 2009
Is there much difference in the quality of the ATi cards, brandwise? Any consensus on who has the best cards? Best customer support? Anybody that should be avoided?

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
My only experience with an ATI RMA was on an X1800XT with Sapphire. They charged a $15 fee just to look at the card. This is over and above shipping costs to them. It was a bit of a pain to get in touch with them and get the RMA process started as well. Worth it for a defective high end card, but on a midrange or lower it may be more cost effective to throw it away.

Now granted, this was early in 2007 so things may have changed since then.

The only other video hardware RMA experience I have is EVGA for a failed 7600GT fan, done mostly to see how they fare. It would have cost me less to just replace the fan myself. That was the most positive experience I've ever had with product support, and I have 0 qualms recommending them as a vendor. Too bad they don't make ATI hardware...

Zensal

Jan 18, 2005
Originally posted by: CP5670
XFX easily has the best warranty and service.

QFT. My next card will prolly be a XFX.

Visiontek also has lifetime warranties, but I'm not sure if it's smooth like EVGA or XFX.

Ashen Shugar

Nov 3, 1999
My experience with HIS was pretty good... I had an issue with an older HD2600XT AGP card overheating and sent an email to their tech support team in Hong Kong. They directed me to RMA it with their local office in CA and I had a brand new replacement in a week. The only money I paid was to ship the card to California ($6).

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
XFX, EVGA and BFG are head and shoulders above the rest of the card manufacturers.

XFX being the only one of these three that makes ATI cards should make the choice obvious.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Denithor
XFX, EVGA and BFG are head and shoulders above the rest of the card manufacturers.

XFX being the only one of these three that makes ATI cards should make the choice obvious.

Actually TSMC make's the cards and PCB. The only difference in brand is 3rd party coolers and warranty.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Anyone know anything about ASUS? I was under the impression that they were a bit better so I switched my 5770 order over from Gigabyte to Asus :)

nemesismk2

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2001
www.ultimatehardware.net
When I purchase anything Nvidia related it's either MSI or XFX and with ATI it's always HIS because I like the ICQ Cooler. I've never had any problems with MSI, XFX or HIS Video Cards so no reason to return them. :)

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Aflac
Anyone know anything about ASUS? I was under the impression that they were a bit better so I switched my 5770 order over from Gigabyte to Asus :)

I rma'd an asus ati card about 3 months ago. Initial contact was swift and precise, rma process was to be completed in 10 business days. Long story short I ended up with an upgraded card since what I sent in was out of stock, but my computer was down for a month before I got it.