• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

ATI Catalyst 11.2 Issues

santilmo

Nov 5, 2010
I updated a few weeks back to Cat 11.2 and since then Windows Media Center has been choppy. I thought it was a codec issue so I uninstalled CCCP.

Problem persisted and I also just noticed yesterday that my Windows rating for desktop aero was lower (5.6 / 7.4 for 3D games) when it used to be equal for both.

So I tried reinstalling Windows (since it had been awhile as well) but unfotunately the issue still persisted.

So unsatisfied, I tried uninstalling Cat 11.2 and reverted to my long trusted Cat 10.8 and VIOLA both issues were resolved. WMC ran like charm again and my Windows rating now looks correct for both.

Does anybody here have had issues with Cat 11.2 as well?

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Yeah, I just noticed this last night. It was some weird effects with the icons 'warping' like smoke, and if you try to play the video over a certain size its reallly choppy. I'm going to do a reinstall, but if not guess I'm going back. I was wondering if it was drivers or something else, so thanks for the tip!

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
What is "windows media center" ?

I googled it and it came back with some pages about watching tv on your pc, useing a remote for it.

So Im guessing your useing your pc to watch tv channels? and this feature doesnt work as well anymore with 11.2?

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
What is "windows media center" ?

I googled it and it came back with some pages about watching tv on your pc, useing a remote for it.

So Im guessing your useing your pc to watch tv channels? and this feature doesnt work as well anymore with 11.2?
Well, I use it for TV but it has other uses. I have a capture card and I operate it through WMC, works pretty well actually. The problem now is that it feels like your computer is running at 100%, and trying to work this program. Videos and the interface are choppy.

If you have vista or win7 you can check it out for yourself.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Btw, I wiped everything clean and started anew with the 11.2 drives. So far WMC is working correctly again. My hunch is that it has to do with the WMC hardware acceleration bit in the AMD driver suite.

ASK THE COMMUNITY