ATI and the AMDKMDAG service

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Graphics' started by Modelworks, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Modelworks

Modelworks Lifer

I found one of my pc has rebooted from a BSOD last night and the root of the problem was the AMDKMDAG service. It logged over 8,000 events in event viewer in just over 4 hours causing the kernel to crash. I searched around for what the specific functions of the service are and what requires it but all I can find is opinions. Does anyone know specifically what it is used for and why it is logging 8,000 events ? It has not resumed the behavior since the reboot.

I have disabled the service for now and the video card seems unaffected but wondering what the purpose of the service is ?

#1 Modelworks, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. Loading...