ATI All-In-Wonder vs ATI Theatre TV card

imported_dimitrik

Aug 3, 2006
Hi :)

I have a question for the multimedia experts. I'm thinking of turning my PC into an HTPC. I can't decide wether to get an All In Wonder card, which are quite expensive and an ATI theatre TV card (which are not that expensive and will work with my existing RADEON X700).

The X700 has TV out, HD accelaration, component out etc. I want to have the ability to capture and record TV and to have really high quality video and DVD playback.

Will buying one of the new Theatre 650 cards be enough for that, or do I need to get an All-in-Wonder 2006/1800/1900? The thing is I hardly play games these days, so I don't want to pay for super 3D accelaration features I'll never use... Do these cards have any other special features for Video/Multimedia that's worth paying for?

I'd really appreciate any advice, but please make it specific/technical so I can make a good decision.

Thanks! :)

imported_dimitrik

Aug 3, 2006
Thanks, I already read that. The question is, does the new All-in-Wonder (AIW 2006, AIW X18000, AIW X1900) have any additional multimedia features (non gaming ones) that the theatre doesn't? If so what? The articles on on X1800/X1900 don't make this clear.