ATI 8500LE Adapter Question.................

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
OK, here's the deal, I went ahead and bought an 8500LE from NewEgg for my wifes system because she was complaining the boys and my systems had new cards but hers still had a Matrox G450. Get the 8500 in and as I knew, it was OEM..........no biggy at all so I also find out it's actually a Sapphire "Powered By ATI" card, no big deal again.......I download the drivers for it and get it going no problems! No, here's where the problems begin....................................

Her G450 was a dual head and she used a 19" and a 17" Samsung monitors. So, I go dig up one of the DVI/CRT adapters I have for ATI. Connect it to the monitor and go to plug it in..............................NO GO! Seems the adapter has 4 little pins around the flat pin and the card does not!:( So, I figure hell, I've got a crapload of adapters laying around...........bound to be one without the pins...................No go! All my adapters have the four little pins around the flat one on the adapter!

My question therefore is, do the Sapphire cards require a different adapter, or, is this card not able to accept a DVI/CRT adapter as it was advertised????? Need some help here boys............Wifey's not to happy since she's used to two monitors and I need to figure this out ASAP!;)

Orbius

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
Check the Newegg listing, they sell a lot of different ATi cards. If the listing says DVI-CRT adapter does not work then it doesnt work!