AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 120 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
That's right, i forgot about the 90 boost. I wasted mine on a dwarf monk on some random server *rollseyes*

Is 100 boost only for preorders?

you get one free with Legion (pre-order or otherwise), but you can also buy one in the store.

I used my 90 boost on a human monk that I leveled to 100 and never touched again.

used my 100 boost on a night elf druid who I really want to try playing, but work has been an absolute shit show lately and I haven't had time to game :\(literally worked every single day this weekend thanks to a DR fail-over project)

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
I was looking around and it looks like the current face of WoW (Watcher aka Ion Hazzikostas) was the guild leader of Elitist Jerks. If you remember, that was the guild that had the theorycrafting website/forums which ended up failing horribly because of bad management. It's scary to think that this guy has some influence on how WoW is designed given his poor track record.

Maybe he wasn't suited to leadership? He could still be effective in other areas

you get one free with Legion (pre-order or otherwise), but you can also buy one in the store.

I used my 90 boost on a human monk that I leveled to 100 and never touched again.

used my 100 boost on a night elf druid who I really want to try playing, but work has been an absolute shit show lately and I haven't had time to game :\(literally worked every single day this weekend thanks to a DR fail-over project)

Ugh i know what that's like. DR...*shiver*

Might boost a Shaman myself, or yah maybe Druid. Or a filthy DK . I'll probably waste it again, damn impulsive behavior complex.

Last edited:

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
So friends are telling me that right now in test Druid is where it is at. Everything for druid is stronger than any other class except feral aspect. So basically druid tanks best, heals best, and dps (moonkin) the best right now. That being said they say that all the other classes aren't in a bad position though or that far behind. Meaning nothing seems especially under powered either. Of course this is strictly PVE speaking as they don't PVP really. Anyone else able to concur what some from my new guild and friends are telling me?

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
So friends are telling me that right now in test Druid is where it is at. Everything for druid is stronger than any other class except feral aspect. So basically druid tanks best, heals best, and dps (moonkin) the best right now. That being said they say that all the other classes aren't in a bad position though or that far behind. Meaning nothing seems especially under powered either. Of course this is strictly PVE speaking as they don't PVP really. Anyone else able to concur what some from my new guild and friends are telling me?

Moonkin are easier to play on live compared to pre 7.0 but I don't think they got buffed. I used to require a heavily modified UI with custom WA scripts to get everything to a state where I could dps well without tunnel visioning. Now it's pretty much button mashing.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011

Priest heals, both, in pve are pretty bad atm. Holy is lackluster and disc takes a lot of effort to get something passable out of it. Fire mages in both pve and pvp are incredibly easy and crush things atm. Demo locks with the right setup just destroy everything.

Nothing is really really really bad atm though and we'll see another balancing patch before raiding really gets going in Legion, we always have.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Man Ret is the pits in time walking. AoE is weak and everything takes so long to ramp up now. By the time it does the elites are already dead. We're back to basically being junk on everything but bosses.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
I remade some of my UI yesterday but there still is work to be done. I set about leveling my Warrior to 100. It was really easy with full rested xp and max heirlooms. I'll have a DK and Paladin to lvl next. I didn't spend 15k in heirlooms for nothing!

I finally decided my professions for Legion. I decided them based on the characters I was going to main or gear for alt. The 4 characters are

Druid
Lock
Shaman
Mage

Professions needed to gear these are Tailoring, LW, Enchanting and Herb/Alchemy for potions/flasks. My final profession list will be

LW/Tailor
Herb/Tailor
Enchanting/Tailor
Alchemy/tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor

These Professions are based mainly on ability to generate gold from the garrison. I estimate I can make 2.5 million from garrisons in 356 days with this lineup (or 7000 gold a day). If I level the full 12 characters then I can make 3.5 million in 356 days or 7 million in 2 years (how long I estimate legion to last).

Sadly, this won't be enough to gold cap me by the end of the expansion so I'll need to find another way to goldcap. I've been goldcapped ever since the start of MOP and I plan to stay that way dammit!

Last edited:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I think that was true as you leveled through Draenor, but i believe they removed those ability buffs with 7.0. AFAIK you just level or talent into abilities. I have ret pal, what makes you think this?

I was looking up what my rotation should be with this patch on one of the WoW sites and it had abilities listed that I don't have. It's probably because I'm not 100 yet ... but some of the notes on the page mentioned how you had to find an artifact to get certain abilities? Or something like that... don't know what artifacts really are... never got into them.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Cruised through redditb looking at new patch opinions.
Ret not a happy camper.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I've seen something about warlock set merf. Ret just seems not happy in general.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
finally finished that stupid Garona stealth quest.

despite the stealthy intentions, I had to use the Artillery Strike garrison ability to cheese it out.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
well the new forums are completely unreadable

Haven't looked at them on a pc yet, but when I scanned them on the mobile earlier it looked like someone was setting them up to be ported into an app.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I have compiled a comprehensive list of all the good/bad things with ret.

The Good: Ashbringer

The Bad: Everything else.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
I'm loving DH on beta.

If it stays like this in live I'll be maining one. My rogue... ehhhhh. Not a fan of what they did.

Hunter I'll be staying with, obvi.

Ret blows. Just. Plain. Blows. I mean, it wasn't amazing in WoD but it's awful on beta imo.

Fury is ok. Monk is the same, just ok, doesn't blow my hair back.

Everyone told me that enh shaman was amazing but I'm not seeing it on beta.

DK is really, really good (I play DW frost). It's still not more fun than DH to me due to the mobility of the DH.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Finally went through and updated the addons last night so I can actually play, other than auctioneer and gatherer not being updated, main one I have that looks kaput is skillet. Anyone have recommendation for a trade skill ui mod?

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Finally went through and updated the addons last night so I can actually play, other than auctioneer and gatherer not being updated, main one I have that looks kaput is skillet. Anyone have recommendation for a trade skill ui mod?

Been using Auctionator for a while and has been working well.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
...as an orc arms warrior I lost 3 of 4 fights with a human ret pal in Tanaan during my lunch break today. He had lower hp so his gear was probably worse. I say Ret is fine in PVP...

What mods do you guys use and why? (yes that question again)

I'm using:

kui nameplates - duh, better nameplates
bartender - actions bars

and will probably install again:

recount - cause numbers
mik's scrolling battle text - BIG numbers

Last edited:

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
I use Bartender and Recount right now.

A few of my "go-tos" were broken in the new patch, like Xperl ( :( )