AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 110 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Finally got last quest so I could finish off the inn. Think i'm going to keep it for a week or two longer though. Since gold has been so devalued in the missions, going to make a couple more scavengers (which I had none of till garona).

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I still need to finish my skull rep and get all the mounts to finish off my garrison (excluding the eng stuff if I ever level him).

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
i still have inns on all my toos, nothing else worth putting in that slot and it still gives you gold missions

I make so much gold this way. Garona is the best. She keeps her master assassin trait no matter what, which makes her great for using trait reroll tokens until she gets treasure hunter. Then use a "dancer" trait token on whatever her third trait is and her traits are Assassin, Treasure Hunter and Dancer. Make sure neither of her two abilities are danger zone and you've got yourself a follower who can do treasure hunter missions with four counters.

I'll often give Harrison Jones the dancer trait and hearthstone trait. Together, they level up my new treasure hunter follower every Tuesday from the inn in no time at all.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I was going to post a comment soon about it being almost middle of February and the gamed still isn't out of alpha for those that thought there was no way this wasn't getting released in 2015. And now blizz says it's 'projected' to released mid summer after release of the movie so guess I can collect all the pool bets now.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I really ought to snag one of those but 40k is too steep for me on my realm. I'm running the valentines boss in the meanwhile but the bastard refuses to cough up a freaking rose for any of my characters.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I really ought to snag one of those but 40k is too steep for me on my realm. I'm running the valentines boss in the meanwhile but the bastard refuses to cough up a freaking rose for any of my characters.

I just told them that 20k was all I had. They said if they don't fill it all they'll invite, which they did. I have waaay more than 20k lol.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
No more Free sub!! :(

Treasure Hunters/missions getting eviscerated in Legion.

Called it.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yea we all knew it would happen, but seeing as every xpac ive had serious positive gold growth I don't see having to pay for wow anytime soon

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The only surprise about the gold neuter was that they didn't let it slip till the legion .1 patch. Otherwise any player should "know" it was coming.

What is surprising is the nerf to waterstriders. The uproar about it much less so. And the tiny nerf to the nerf quite laughable.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Solution to obsoleting garrisons is a quest named
"Come on, Pookie,"
which leads to an achievement...
"let's burn this motherfucker down!"

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Wait, what happened?

they orig said the water strider would not work in any zones but Mop or Wod depending on which one you had, then they reverted and said they would work in all content not called legion

some BS reasoning about people using them over other mounts
which was BS

people ride their fave mount all the time and only use the water strider when needed

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
For most of my alts, I primarily used the water strider for that very reason. (I'm always like that, function over form.) I can see why many people would also use it as a main mount for its additional functionality, which could lead the developers to the conclusions they made.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
they orig said the water strider would not work in any zones but Mop or Wod depending on which one you had, then they reverted and said they would work in all content not called legion

some BS reasoning about people using them over other mounts
which was BS

people ride their fave mount all the time and only use the water strider when needed

Yeah, that's bs. I keep it handy for water, but it's annoying to ride over terrain so I have other ground mounts.