AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
To me, the biggest difference in Vanilla is that the game wasn't so much about "the game". The game had a smaller community in the beginning, and that helped to foster a good social atmosphere. As the game grew and Blizzard implemented certain features, we saw the need to socialize drop. Also, the game didn't seem to want to funnel you as much. Arguably, this can be seen as "bad design" as you aren't directing the player to your content properly. However, it also forces the player to explore the world and "find adventure" outside of the confines of Blizzard's quest design team.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
After taking a break for a couple of months i started playing again about a month ago, got legendary ring and follower, level 3 shipyard, draenor flying, Harrison Jones follower, auction house in garrison and 700 ilvl.
My sub just auto renewed for 6 months today so not sure what to do until the expac.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
After taking a break for a couple of months i started playing again about a month ago, got legendary ring and follower, level 3 shipyard, draenor flying, Harrison Jones follower, auction house in garrison and 700 ilvl.
My sub just auto renewed for 6 months today so not sure what to do until the expac.

Get 701 ilvl. :p

Mythic is the only real thing left in the game and with so much time people will be running it more. Cross realm mythic with the next patch.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Looks like things going so well that they've announced subscription numbers will no longer be released.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Looks like things going so well that they've announced subscription numbers will no longer be released.

Wonder if they're going to try and not announce their finances as well. Got something to hide Blizzard?

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Wonder if they're going to try and not announce their finances as well. Got something to hide Blizzard?

Their overall finances are good (thanks to hearthstone), and of course they have to report those being a publicly traded company.

But yes, it's just like how McDs isn't reporting same store sales.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
My friends are all pumped for the movie. The teaser didn't move the needle for me at all but I'll wait for the trailer to at least form an opinion.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005

How did you get the gold for the garrison auction house in one month? That thing runs like 150k gold on my server. D: I still remember building a trading house in my garrison because I thought it would be convenient not having to hearth to get to one. Low and behold it's so expensive, it's a convenience worth roughly half a year of game time in terms of gold. o_O

I dunno. Maybe I'm just terrible at making gold. I make enough gold off all my treasure hunters to keep my sub current. But I think there must be some major trick or secret to making 50,000+ a week that simply eludes me.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Think it was while flipping through a yahoo page, but I saw a nice AT worthy headline. Article was titled something like "Blizzard preparing for the end of Wow, no longer releasing subscription numbers."

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
How did you get the gold for the garrison auction house in one month? That thing runs like 150k gold on my server. D: I still remember building a trading house in my garrison because I thought it would be convenient not having to hearth to get to one. Low and behold it's so expensive, it's a convenience worth roughly half a year of game time in terms of gold. o_O

I dunno. Maybe I'm just terrible at making gold. I make enough gold off all my treasure hunters to keep my sub current. But I think there must be some major trick or secret to making 50,000+ a week that simply eludes me.
The WoW tokens are ~35k on North American realms.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Parts aren't bop, I had some pieces and modules in the bank from before I stopped, there were 2 parts I needed that I only spent 15k on, then I sold the extras/duplicates I had, one module went for 30k and another for 25k, I went from having 18k and no auction house, to having 2.4k and an auction house and then ended up with 60k and an auction house :)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

really? did the price spike recently or something, cause you could do it for under 50k on my server a few months ago

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
I just hit the AH in Ashran town before I port to Tanaan for the daily grind.

I've had some of the high end AH parts but i always just sell them.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Alts. Lots and lots of alts.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
giphy.gif

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
https://i.imgur.com/WVAEgW0.jpg

hmm legion picture from blizzcon.

hope it ain't real. $49 is way to much. after the shit that was WOD i sure in the hell ain't paying for it.

Yeah, about those details.....

The price, after Warlords? That takes balls.
Q3 2016? No wonder they won't publish sub numbers anymore. BLOOD BATH.
I suspect they really want us to drop sub. They think we'll return.

First Blizzcon they get booed from the crowd?

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
If they are sticking to this "faster" release cycle, cool, but the price better fucking reflect it.

We got robbed with WoD price for content. Straight up robbed.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Legion is expected to release on or before 09/21/2016. This is not a release date.