AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 121 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Addons:
Bartender4
Auctionator
Prat3.0
MasterPlan (garrison missions)
AllPlayed
Details! (instead of recount, finding it to be far superior atm and give 100x more info)
and DBM

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Addons:
Bartender4
Auctionator
Prat3.0
MasterPlan (garrison missions)
AllPlayed
Details! (instead of recount, finding it to be far superior atm and give 100x more info)
and DBM

what do Prat3.0 and AllPlayed do? i'll check Details! out

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
what do Prat3.0 and AllPlayed do? i'll check Details! out

Prat is a chat window addon that just gives more info, not really anything special I've just been using it for years. Allplayed combines the played time and gold across your account to let you know how terrible and wasted your life has been.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Looks like arkinventory also having a bug problem post patch but at least he's put out several incremental updates to try and fix them. Biggest issue I'm seeing is bank appears as a big empty black box when I first open and have to change a setting each time for it to appear.

Also the reagent bank portion now contained withing the same window as the rest and can't remember what I did before to make it a separate box, will have to try and look up later what that was.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
4azepcB.jpg

Sad thing is they can always retune the numbers, but the sucky play style is likey here to stay.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Yeah i concur there, Ret play style went down hill after the big change at the end of WLK IMO. I remember having fun with it prior to that, then UGH, dull.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Yep, if you don't care to adjust to the class changes before taking on Legion baddies, the pre-legion invasion stuff should be reason enough. Supposed to start sometime < August 17

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
That looks bad for locks, but at least the huntards and rets giving them competition.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Only 35k apexis from the corrupted dreadwing mount, going to make it easily! most of you probably already have it...

Something else i'm working on is getting my undead warlock to at least 90 before legion, he's 85 now. Tell you what, the elixir of ancient knowledge is awesome - went through level 84 in 20 minutes of questing in Uldum using one of those. Into Pandaria with him this weekend :)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Only 35k apexis from the corrupted dreadwing mount, going to make it easily! most of you probably already have it...

Something else i'm working on is getting my undead warlock to at least 90 before legion, he's 85 now. Tell you what, the elixir of ancient knowledge is awesome - went through level 84 in 20 minutes of questing in Uldum using one of those. Into Pandaria with him this weekend :)

about 18K away, but haven't tried for crystals in months other than the odd garrison mission, but haven't seen any since the patch.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Finally got my first ever rare drop mount from a boss after 10 years of playing, after killing attumen several hundred times I went today to get tier for transmog and got the fiery warhorses reins.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Guess I still need to go around to the banks and void and pull out the old sets and turn them into gold since they literally serve no purpose now other than occupying space.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I remade some of my UI yesterday but there still is work to be done. I set about leveling my Warrior to 100. It was really easy with full rested xp and max heirlooms. I'll have a DK and Paladin to lvl next. I didn't spend 15k in heirlooms for nothing!

I finally decided my professions for Legion. I decided them based on the characters I was going to main or gear for alt. The 4 characters are

Druid
Lock
Shaman
Mage

Professions needed to gear these are Tailoring, LW, Enchanting and Herb/Alchemy for potions/flasks. My final profession list will be

LW/Tailor
Herb/Tailor
Enchanting/Tailor
Alchemy/tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor
Inscription/Tailor

These Professions are based mainly on ability to generate gold from the garrison. I estimate I can make 2.5 million from garrisons in 356 days with this lineup (or 7000 gold a day). If I level the full 12 characters then I can make 3.5 million in 356 days or 7 million in 2 years (how long I estimate legion to last).

Sadly, this won't be enough to gold cap me by the end of the expansion so I'll need to find another way to goldcap. I've been goldcapped ever since the start of MOP and I plan to stay that way dammit!

Hm making a few alts and not sure what to give them. Why so much tailoring?

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Joined a fishing raid and got both turtles in about two hours.

I won the original fishing tournament back in 2010 and had every single fishing achievement except the damn turtle, fished tons over the years and never got it til now.