AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 108 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
*Just got my Legendary*

A winner is me. :sneaky:

You know I started playing on a vanilla private server. My gosh it's like a whole other game. I played WoW from this era, but it has been so long. The first thing I noticed was the bad graphics. My god the zones were bland, dull looking and drabby. Especially in the color department! Westfall holds up well for what it is, but the rest not so much.

It's also very hard; Taking down even a single mob drops you to 20% health. Two is suicide and mobs often pull in packs. I'm using the old trick of pulling one with judgment and walking backwards while wailing on them until the rest of the pack reset and I can finish on single terms. Mobs seem to reset much sooner than they do on live as well, seems like half the distance.

The constant down time is a drag. Five minute blessings is a bitch. What really kills it for me though is the two button rotation. Basically just twiddle your thumbs for 30 seconds with a seal up, judge every ten, then repeat. To its credit, the leveling difficulty spurred me to ask for back up and I found questing much more engaging in a group. Even with two of us there were times when more mobs got pulled and it got intense. Throwing around heals, hammer of Justice, bubble here, bubble there on the groupie and auto attacks actually made the game fun again in a way I had forgotten. :)

Don't know how far I'll go with it, but boy it's a trip.
If you've got more money than sense, blizz has an offer for you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20419283368#1

Bad deal is bad and they should feel bad. It really reeks of desperation trying to make the people sticking with them cough up enough cash to buy the game twice.

Last edited:

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Make an old school judge/seal macro, then it's only one button.

IIRC

/cast judgement
/cast seal of whatever

You have 0 parry/block while the judgement animation is running because it "sheaths your weapons away". That wasn't fixed until late in BC. :p

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
it really wasn't horrid at the time when guilds meant more to people and such, once people started hoping around like they were on crack is when it got bad

which is why in MOP and WOD everyone got a legendary

It has little to do with guild hopping and more to do with 40 (more like 50+) people working for 1 person getting a reward. Sure, it helped the guild but so does every drop.

Mix in the tanks that would get QS and hop to a T2 guild and it was a total shit storm. I knew a couple tanks that had an open invite once they finished it and bailed.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Make an old school judge/seal macro, then it's only one button.

IIRC

/cast judgement
/cast seal of whatever

You have 0 parry/block while the judgement animation is running because it "sheaths your weapons away". That wasn't fixed until late in BC. :p

I'd love to force a bunch of those morons demanding a return to vanilla to complete a new raid using vanilla rules. Get to spend a couple months grinding out the rep to meet all the requirements, then trying to down the boss in 40 man with limited DPS classes, several support bots, Etc...

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
If you need the help, I'll come. I'll even bring my human Warlock if you can make do with a 91. A Warlock is what you need.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Well we duo'd it. He had a DK and used Raise Ally and I brought my Shammy and used reincarnation. I ate every one of those bites. :eek:

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Well we duo'd it. He had a DK and used Raise Ally and I brought my Shammy and used reincarnation. I ate every one of those bites. :eek:

Thanks again!! :D

Now onto the grind. Hopefully Invincible will drop over the next 10 weeks or so of clearing ICC lol.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ah, the grind for legendaries, I have done thunderfury, dragonwrath, valanyr all solo grinds, and of course the cloak twice and now the rings twice.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Ah, the grind for legendaries, I have done thunderfury, dragonwrath, valanyr all solo grinds, and of course the cloak twice and now the rings twice.

Cloak and rings were easy cause of LFR.

I had both pieces of Thunderfury drop at the same time on my monk :D

Dragonwrath I was able to do solo because of all the FL achievement runs.

I might actually consider boosting a rogue to try to get the daggers.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i know a cpl and its not bots, it all comes from messing with the AH, they use some custom addons that take advantage of using the mobile AH and really knowing how TSM works. the person in question is one of the most wealthy people in all of wow,

he is gold capped on 7 accounts all with max toons

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
350 level 100 toons with no bots? That's either a lot of paid character boosts or a LOT of time spent leveling.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
350 level 100 toons with no bots? That's either a lot of paid character boosts or a LOT of time spent leveling.

Only have get max level for garrison, not gear. Boost with heirlooms and XP pots because you're rich (also it's an investment). You can level 90-100 in a couple hours.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
you also dont need a max level toon to work the AH or simply hold gold for you

also not 350 toons, they are all on the same server

Last edited:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
so this 11 million mount run is happening

2+ million to the Gbank 350k per raiding guild member

woo 10 more months of free WoW

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
11 million for the moose mount? People are paying 35k on my server for it.

As for me I'm leveling enchant on an alt that only took tailoring and now has it capped. It sure is a pain leveling enchanting if you aren't leveling your character or tailoring at the same time...