AT World of Warcraft Thread (Mists, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by loki8481, Sep 24, 2012.

1. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

in wotlk i xfered my shaman from alliance ---> Horde ---> alliance over 6 months. My reps got so wanky it was bad.

2. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

Yep. server xfer and faction xfer is a huge chunk.

It does suck though

3. AznAnarchy99

AznAnarchy99 Lifer

How do you guys mana manage with mistweaver? I find that the hardest part of the spec.

4. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

that kinda confused me. they say exclusively at retail stores, but Amazon is listed as one of the suppliers. :confused:

in any event, good cheap way for a RAF mount. :thumbsup:

oh yeah, I totally forget... if you have any progress in the Argent Tournament, that will be utterly reset/wiped with a race or faction change. stupidly annoying.

5. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

I think they just mean that it's not available at the Blizzard store. At least that's how I read it.

Thinking about doing this also. The RAF mount is a 2 seat flying one, right?

6. cronos

cronos Diamond Member

The current RAF mount is the Obsidian Nightwing, which transforms you into a flying panther-type that allows you to take a passenger. So yeah, it can fly, and it'll take you and a passenger.

Don't forget that you have to add a two-month subscription (preferably the $30 game card so you can get the reward instantly) to the RAF account for your main account to earn the RAF mount. Your main account also gets a one-month free for this, though.

7. cronos

cronos Diamond Member

8. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

Was going to get a battle chest from Amazon today for $5. Blizzard says Amazon was participating in the $5 battlechest, yet Amazon is showing $19. I don't think so!

9. lupi

lupi Lifer

10. cronos

cronos Diamond Member

It's actually showing as $9.99 to me (old box with only BC shown, but the same thing), but you're right, at that price don't get it there. Might as well go to Target/Gamestop/Bestbuy or any one of the local stores to get it for $5.

11. Hacp

Hacp Lifer

#661 Hacp, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  12. Hacp

Hacp Lifer

So I've been researching, and with item upgrades coming up in the new patch, upgraded conquest beats unupgraded 489. I'm trying to crap my conquest and get some pieces.

13. zokudu

zokudu Diamond Member

Finally got my warrior to 90. Spent the greater part of the weekend doing it. Time to start dailies I guess. Too bad doing them as prot is downright miserable.

14. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

grab a 2-hander off the AH and go army/fury?

15. zokudu

zokudu Diamond Member

I have a 2h for Arms just no gear for it. Arms is just as slow when you have dodge and parry on all your gear :|

I've taken to doing them in guild groups. Even taking my guilds other tank (Paladin) speeds things up considerably. At least Klaxxi can be done quickly. I just gather up 6-7 and hold them for the reaver enhancement to kill them. :D

16. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

I spent some time leveling my new transfer this weekend, got him to 87. Ret paladins got a lot more interesting it seems like.

Hit GL revered on my warlock, so now I can focus on AC dailies for the 28 slot bag recipe. Hit Tillers exalted on toon #3 this morning, I believe #4 will hit exalted today also. Going to just plant motes to use for extra imperial silk.

Got a Galleon kill yesterday morning, saw he popped, took 25 minutes to assemble a group and we still pulled with 35, there was nobody to be found. The start of a horde raid showed up when he was at ~20% or so, but there wasn't enough to wipe us. I got gold/gold again (0/4 now), my wife got the 496 hat her first kill and got 496 boots this time, so she's 2 for 2.

17. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

I keep hearing people suggest 5.1 could be this week or next.

fingers crossed... my pally is 88, but I don't want to start any rep grinds until the 5.1 changes (+100% rep on all characters once one has reached revered).

I've been leveling ret, but tbh I'm really not feeling it. being melee dps is just a giant pain in the ass. I keep dying :( playing an elemental shaman has spoiled me. I'm debating if maybe I should respec holy and learn to heal once I reach 90.

18. zokudu

zokudu Diamond Member

Really I found leveling as melee much easier. My shaman is still 87 because I swapped to my warrior to tank for my guild. The warrior was way faster in my opinion. I agree however that in dungeons and group play being ranged really helps. At times when I DPSed on my way up I was getting lost in the particle effects and tanks who don't know how to stand still are frustrating but I understand because most fights require the tank to keep moving around.

At least you're not a feral druid. :D

19. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

solo'ing, I'd agree... but I find ranged dps to be loads easier in heroics/raids.

I'm curious to try solo'ing old raids with my Pally, though. the BC raids that I've tried on my shaman have been pretty faceroll (outside of Chess in KZ and Voidreaver in TK) and shaman don't tend to be highly regarded for their solo'ing prowess.

20. lupi

lupi Lifer

Instead of starting dailies why don't you level another char till 5.1 and the rep boost.

21. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

that's probably what I'll do, except Tillers... I'm looking forward to having a 90 who can actually make use of spirits of harmony (my shaman just uses them to vendor for golden lotuses, with which to craft flasks that I sell for 3600g/stack)

22. 4eigner

4eigner Member

I hit 90 this weekend with my warrior. I leveled up as prot and was pretty easy. I've run a couple of heroics and a scenario. I've used most of my gold that I've made from quests to buy the heirloom gear, since I figured I'll be leveling most of the time. The extra 45% is nice.

23. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

patched 5.1 scheduled to be released tomorrow :thumbsup:

24. waggy

waggy No Lifer

Bullshit!

wooo!

25. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

I need to remember to try and grab the patch before I go to work tomorrow.