AT World of Warcraft Thread (Mists, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by loki8481, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Hacp

Hacp Lifer

You just basically said what I stated before.

I already said what you just said. Why are you repeating me after quoting? You gear up to experience the raid content. Now that people are experiencing the raid content with LFRs, they don't really need to gear up unless they are in the few guilds that are actually doing heroic modes.

Blizzard put the daily grinds in there as a carrot for people who aren't in serious raiding guilds but once they realize that the gear is pointless since what they're already overgeared for LFRs then they'll start looking for something else to do. Trouble is that there isn't much else to do once you remove the raiding gate.

It all depends on the person, but if you look at any game, most people play through the easy or medium levels and avoid the hard. Having the same content with just harder numbers personally doesn't feel like new content to me.

#526 Hacp, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

It may be worth grinding Klaxxi + GL to exalted, depending if you want gear or not. They each give a quest for a "free" ilvl 489 jewelry piece -- a neck from GL, and a ring from Klaxxi.

It's a lot more dailies that you don't need to really do since there's rings/necks available at honored with each, but it saves 1250 VP's each if you stick it out and don't want to wait for raid drops, plus you get more lesser charms to save up to for when you want extra rolls but don't want to do dailies between raids.

3. blackened23

blackened23 Diamond Member

4. AznAnarchy99

AznAnarchy99 Lifer

This happens the beginning of every expan. BC was Arms War/Resto Druid domination, wrath was DK/anything, cata i quit soon after release.

5. blackened23

blackened23 Diamond Member

I'd disagree. I've played for a long time and the worst season was S5, cataclysm was not bad at all in terms of balance. This season is about as stupid as S5 was.

Other than S5 and This season, I never had major issues. This season is just broken.

6. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

Heart of Fear LFR is rough... I haven't even seen it because I can't get a group that's not 2/6.

7. AznAnarchy99

AznAnarchy99 Lifer

I want to get into PvP again but Im so casual now that I basically log on and play alone. Sucks that you cant get anything good without arenas or a dedicated RBG group :(

8. Phoenix86

Phoenix86 Lifer

You know what, * THIS SYSTEM. I have 5 stacks of 180 of them. I like the idea of the greater whatevers for a chance at "free" loot but seriously, 180 is 90 dailies a week, or ~13 a day. At first I thought "well I'll get a bunch now and when I'm done with dailies it'll be cool".

It's still not cool.

Oh, and there's a new faction I'm sure will have more dailies.

9. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

I love seeing all the complaining about stuff that you are NOT FORCED TO DO! Like somebody said earlier, if you dont like them dont do them.

As for LFR, I like it and do it weekly but I still want to raid it for real. LFR is a cheaper version but it kind of gives you an idea of whats going on. The guild I am in has 2 10 man raid groups but still run LFR together to help get people geared for the real raids. I think its a great way to take advantage of the system.

10. Phoenix86

Phoenix86 Lifer

No one is forced to do anything, it's a game not a job.

You're complaining about people complaining, you aren't forced to do that. :p

11. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

Yea garalon, is highly tuned. They will be hotfixing him a bit soon.

12. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

Always do LFR on tuesday or wed.

That is when the raiders who normally do normal raids do them. So it is hard to run into issues in MV LFR.

However wait till saturday and sunday when its mostly not raiders... lol some fights even ridicuolously mechanically easy, the group cannot beat.

13. lupi

lupi Lifer

Just dinged tilllers exalted. Will start aa new faction today, thinking the bug peeps in the waste. Bbeen slowlly leveling my 75 warrior up to 85 so I can burn some ore skilling his smithing up or I'd probably be doing more than a faaction at a time.

Currently I've been spending about 90% of my crops on whatever the bonus of the day is.....dear god its bag space consuming though.

14. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

How does that work exactly? What does it accomplish? I've seen the "what is the crop today" thing on some guy, but haven't bothered looking at it as I've just been making whatever I need to level my cooking the rest of the way.

I'm thinking of it like you are or had been: "well I'll get a bunch now and when I'm done with dailies it'll be cool." I hit Tillers exalted yesterday so I won't be doing those, I'm still doing AC dailies every day until today for bracer enchant recipes, but after that, all that's left is Klaxxi and I haven't really even started Dread Wastes. I'm only SP revered, but I don't care about mounts really, so i'll probably do them if I'm bored but I won't go out of my way to do them when I'd rather hard queue a heroic on my rogue for a dagger, or level cooking, or farm mats for raid prep, etc.

I'm definitely going to be a net negative this week on the lesser charms, and I don't care. I never win anything with extra rolls anyway :(

EDIT: Guild started MV raid last night for the first time, went 3/6 because we started about 1/2 hour late. Very glad I'm not tanking and only am in as a mage dps -- tank rotation on the dogs sounded like a giant headache. Finished top dps on every fight except boss #3 because I spent most of the time in the spirit phase. Not optimal for a mage, but ranged seem to work a lot better in there than melee. Took us 6 attempts on the dogs, would have been 5 but one of our healers goofed at ~30%, then 1 shot the next guy, and 2 shot the guy after that. Better than I was expecting. Hoping to clear the other 3 Sunday, dps is good enough where Elegon shouldn't be a problem. Possibly get into HoF for 1-2 bosses too!

#539 Xonim, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  15. Rhezuss

Rhezuss Diamond Member

Concerning Factions...i'm restarting the game with a DK, currently level 58 and just arrived in the Outland (BC).

Should I rep Factions as soon as I can or simply skip them until i'm 90?

I'm mostly playing alone and doing dungeons with the LFG...so when i'm questing, should I "always" rep up Factions while i'm there?

16. tHa ShIzNiT

tHa ShIzNiT Platinum Member

dont worry about factions, just level. IMO. factions are generally for gear, and you can get your gear through dungeons while you level.

17. Phoenix86

Phoenix86 Lifer

You can't really faction grind until 90 anyways, just do the zones and you'll get some rep along the way. Make sure to level in the valley, steppes and dread waste. You can skip most of karasong and summit so do that as soon as you can move to the next zone.

18. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

Elegon has other difficulties than just overall DPS.

Just make sure you do 4 orbs on each intermission phase. Both healers doing good HPS. and then when the last phase begins, everyone stack on elegons ass (but your strongest tank) and start aoe healing/blowing raid cooldowns and personal cooldowns.

19. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

We have 2 people in raid that are 6/6 heroic modes already on mains, not sure how they ended up in our raid since we're a casual guild, but they just kept saying our dps is good enough where Elegon won't be a problem. I assumed there's probably more to it than that. Is it like what you're supposed to do in LFR that nobody does?

I know nothing, I just make flasks, drop tables, and spam fireballs :D

20. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

ugh. LFR fucking sucks right now. I'm done queue'ing... I can't zone into a HoF that's not 2/6

I wouldn't mind wiping on the third boss if I at least had a chance at loot from the first two, but all it is right now is an extended repair bill.

21. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

At 85/50% hp elegon will summon 6 orbs heading to the respective closed pylons.

If any orb makes it, they rise up and the floor falls and you start the intermission phase. However, every set of orbs you kill elegon gets a stacking debuff to damage taken. If all 6 orbs die, he will summon another set, that is 25% faster. (And repeat until an orb hits a pylon)

With 4 sets of orbs downed each intermission = 100% extra damage taken. On top of the 50% damage done buff on platform, for start of last phase.

Healing can get hectic, with adds blowing up, and adds in intermission beating on healers, and last phase in which elegon continuoulsy aoes teh raid as he beats on the tank.

22. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

Well that sounds fun.

Sounds the same as LFR actually, probably just adjustments to HP's of adds and orbs and pylons and AoE damage. Not really any new mechanics per se.

I'm wondering if I should check out an arcane spec -- something less reliant on crit for damage. Fire doesn't do so awesome with target switching in non-aoe scenarios because your dots don't really get a chance to tick, say nothing to an unlucky streak w/o crits.

23. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

in LFR you can get 0 orbs and still kill him.

With good dps you need 3 per inter. phase minimum. 4 is good though, 5 gets tricky as the damn orbs look like they sprint to the pylons.

There is only 1 added mechanic (beyond much more damage being taken). The middle floor elegon is on, every other second you are on it, you get a stacking debuff (up to 99). Every stack = you take 5% more damage. (aka people have to hop off and on often enough to reset it so the damage the raid takes isnt killing them. That includes tanks, which means they have to swap well enough so 1 tank isnt getting hit at 10+ stacks for very long

24. lupi

lupi Lifer

Going from memory, regular farming gives you 5 items of a crop with the bonus giiving you 8.

25. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

Oh, that makes sense. I always just thought I was getting lucky. Hah!