AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Blah. Have a bar along right side of the screen I have mounts and a couple other similar items set up for permanent use, sucks to have to recreate that for each spec.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Looks like they're mostly happy with the lock shard change as the major balancing item pre raid release. They're preparing a hot fix to nerf tank spec damage as well as some aoe spec damage (monk & dh), but otherwise nothing till data from raids available.

Last edited:

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
Anyone happen to know how with bartender to stop a certain bar from being replaced when changing specs?

The only thing I can think of that will work is to simply not use the swap bar (bar 1 if recall correctly), if your already using all your bars though thats not a very helpful sugestion

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Well it is kind of emasculating running a heroic as Ret and getting outpaced by a tankadin. We're talking the whole thing from trash pulls to bosses mind you, but it's still pretty lame. Hop on the DH however it all turns around.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The only thing I can think of that will work is to simply not use the swap bar (bar 1 if recall correctly), if your already using all your bars though thats not a very helpful sugestion

It changes content of all bars.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Anyone else find themselves constantly "untracking" quests just so they can see the progress bar on objectives areas?

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
It changes content of all bars.
I can have a look at my bartender settings sometime, but the only things that change for me are the skills that get removed/added with spec change, the bars where I have mounts, hearthstones, professions never get altered when I swap specs. I thought I have also had non spec skills stay on bars that were not bar #1 as well, but I cant be certain of that

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Please do, already used one night this week not playing and trying all the different settings instead.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010

Why the negative connotation?I think bailing is an inappropriate word to use unless you know him personally and can speak for his state of mind. Otherwise, you are trolling the guy's personal life just to slight a game. He grew in his job for 12 years until he decided it was time to find new challenges and a change. This stuff happens all the time. He obviously felt he hit some sort of ceiling and took advantage of an opportunity that came up. After reading his article, all I saw was an overwhelmingly positive experience. I'm actually more interested in where he is going and not what he left behind.

Good for him.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Because of the shear number of people that have left over the last year or so.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Looks like it was a bug

• Fixed a bug that was preventing some players from being granted all of the follower missions that were intended for their followers’ ilevels.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Man it's like the old guard decided to leave all at once. I wonder if something big was happening internally at blizzard.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Man it's like the old guard decided to leave all at once. I wonder if something big was happening internally at blizzard.

At times, people can get tired of working on the same project year after year, and if there are no other internal openings on different projects (Hearthstone, Overwatch, etc.), the best recourse is to just leave. It's a bummer, but you don't want to be emotionally drained the whole time.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
Please do, already used one night this week not playing and trying all the different settings instead.

I have looked around at my settings and it looks like the bars all changing is a new feature or bug of bartender. I started swapping specs on different toons to see what would change, and while it looks like mounts etc stay the same it looks like recent moves I have made are not saved the way they used to be. I maxed my hunter on the last day of invasions and did wod intro at some point after the expansion release. When I spec hop on the hunter the I can see a potion revert from a wod potion to an older potion yet professions and other buttons I havent changed in a long time stay untouched. On my demon hunter I just recently prospected a bunch of ore and moved the prospecting skill to a hotkey for doing it, when I swap specs the prospecting button moves back to its original spot. So whatever functionality or bug is doing it has only been around since some time after the expansion was released but current changes for me are no longer saved across spec swap either, yet changes that are a bit older are saved across specs.

I am sorry I could not be of more help. I think if I was trying to set up bars now i would probably give elvui a chance. I was starting to set it up once but got messed up when I activated the multi monitor mode (I play with a triple monitor setup) and I couldnt get the mode to turn back off so I just gave up on it after I found a different mod to adjust what I was trying to adjust. Elvui would probably take a while to fully set up though.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
If he was in any way responsible for the abomination that was WoD then he should go.

I really dont understand the wod hate, I have only played a little of it, but the intro quests and first zone story for it seem better done than the two legion zones Ive done. I really enjoy the garrison building too, much more interesting than the class halls for me.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
I really dont understand the wod hate, I have only played a little of it, but the intro quests and first zone story for it seem better done than the two legion zones Ive done. I really enjoy the garrison building too, much more interesting than the class halls for me.

You answered your own question, you only played a little bit of it. That is all there ever was. Nothing got developed further. Nothing went anywhere. We sat in our garrisons for 2+ years doing nothing, garrisons we finished 1 month into the xpac.