AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I love the druid class hall. I think I'm gonna go through the intro artifact quest for all my toons just to check out the halls.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I just did the druid quest line last night. Was not a huge fan myself... dream stuff is just not my thing. However, the healing challenge was way harder than my paladin challenge because I have not healed in years and years. Took me a few tries to get through it. I then learned about Lifebloom and that one little spell made it a lot easier lol... forgot about that one!

That said, I have run into a number of glitches already. One where even though I left the river, the push effect of the water stayed on my character so I was constantly moving backwards. Quite a few cases where logging and logging back in fixed quests... abandoning and recollecting quests, etc. Overall I like the new zones so far but these bugs are a big drag.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
well, in theory the Emerald Dream is just an uncorrupted Azeroth (so, Azeroth but with no humanoids and a lot more trees). not terribly exciting.

the Druid order hall is not in the Emerald Dream itself, but the quest to get there takes you through it (and I think the room with all the portals is in the ED)
Ah, I see. I have always wanted to go to the area Blizzard created way back in vanilla beta but was always unwilling to engage in any of the hacks that could get me there.

Chacotako

Apr 29, 2001
I'm enjoying everything so far, and haven't really had any issues. However, I didn't really do much research prior to the expansion and have a couple of questions. I just hit 102 on my mage and decided to do the quest for the other artifact(s). While in the class hall I noticed a quest to start a mission (similar to garrisons past). Have I been missing out on running missions the past two levels? Also, I've only collected a bit over 200 artifact power. I remember others saying the first 13 points were pretty quick, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Just got shipping info. Expected by Saturday by the end of the day. Go home to my mothers every Sunday though and don't get back on Tuesday so I'll only get to play it for a few hours before bed Saturday. Ah well. At least I "know" it's coming now. It comes as a great relief.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
Just got shipping info. Expected by Saturday by the end of the day. Go home to my mothers every Sunday though and don't get back on Tuesday so I'll only get to play it for a few hours before bed Saturday. Ah well. At least I "know" it's coming now. It comes as a great relief.

You should take the time to write out a email to the BB corporate office, tell them about the experience with the store you dealt with and their unwillingness to let you cancel a pre-order of an item that is both time sensitive in nature and that they could not give you an eta on. Write in a polite tone, but make sure you express how unacceptable that kind of behavior is and the crazy run around you had to go through just to find out what was going on.

The corporate offices of the big retailers take customer service issues like this far more serious that one might think and while they may or may not send you a gift card for your troubles they will at the very least have a conversation with the store manager which will hopefully make any future dealings you have with them more pleasant.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
By the Emerald Dream do you mean we FINALLY get to go into the actual instance created back in vanilla that never released? Or do you mean into the dream lore wise, but something completely different in game? I remember reading about a quest that takes you into the dream in Wrath and getting excited when I get there and it's just the same place in moon glade with a green filter lol....

Lore, as others have said you travel into the ED/through it to get to the class hall and do the weapon quest. The bear quest takes your to Grizzly Hills and Ursoc/Ursol. You're moonglade teleport spell is also gone, it has a new name and now takes you to the ED portal room, allowing you to go to several places around Azeroth, not just moonglade.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
My Havok DH is 105 now and I'm smoothly moving back along to where I was in Beta.

Love this class... it's like a combat rogue but much more fluid and most importantly... easy.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Leveling a DH just to see the starting quests and maybe get a little question done. Not sure if it'll take it to 110 right now but it's a pretty cool class so far. Still trying to get the hang of the rotation. Maybe it's just me but this doesn't seem like an expansion in the sense that the others were. Maybe it's because I haven't gotten far into it yet so I'll have to wait and see. Just doesn't have the same epic feel, so far, as the others did.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Trading gold for anything from the store is always a risk and gm's will do nothing if you get scammed.

I traded 30k for a mount way back, it was a store mount, I received the item, learned it, had it for a week or so and one day POOF! it was gone.

It had been purchased with a stolen CC and when the transaction was reversed they removed the item and I had no recourse.

Lesson learned.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
At this point I don't even mind so much that I didn't get a refund, I never expected too. But it seems unfortunate allowing scammers to keep their ill gotten gains when the screenshots and conversation made it overwhelmingly obvious he had malicious intent. With no disincentive, he's just going to keep scamming people.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
That seems odd based on similar events I've heard of happening.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I bought a RAF mount from a gold seller... like 20k for the rocket. He let me have the rocket first so I figured no risk.

After I got it, bought one for the wife with gold. Still have them today! Only time I did anything like that.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
My hunter is glitched. I was doing the quest for a second artifact, and the quest for the scenario didn't get marked as completed. I tried doing it again and got all the way to the end. Alas, I couldn't complete the scenario, because I can't loot an artifact I already have. Ticket time.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Is it just me or is lvlng really fast? Ive hit 104 with almost no effort. Ive only quested in one zone with no dungeons. Not a complaint because it doesn't seem grindy at all to get to lvl cap.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Is it just me or is lvlng really fast? Ive hit 104 with almost no effort. Ive only quested in one zone with no dungeons. Not a complaint because it doesn't seem grindy at all to get to lvl cap.
I have exact opposite opinion... I think it takes a while. But, I'm reading everything and doing random stuff just when I see it and exploring the back of caves and etc.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005

It could be that the leveling was tuned with the assumption that half the cap is getting your artifact leveled. Probably a mercy for alts and alt specs.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Is it correct that you can get the artifact quest at 98 (useful for alts that still need to finish WoD)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
And does anyone remember how to change the location of the handy notes rare notification. I know I did it for the draenor ones, but can't find the setting you to do it again for legion.

And warlock Imp mother....what can not be unseen.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I have exact opposite opinion... I think it takes a while. But, I'm reading everything and doing random stuff just when I see it and exploring the back of caves and etc.

I haven't even hit 101 yet (I'm at about 90% though). Albeit, I really haven't played that much yet. I'm currently in Highmountain, and the story is pretty darn lackluster. It's a bunch of Tauren with elk antlers being tormented by some weird hobgoblin troll dude. o_O