AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
The Rogue quest sucked. Won't be doing that again any time soon. The Shammy line was pretty fun though. Was surprisingly easy considering i was in all iLvl 640 gear from the level boost. Only had 1 boss where i had to wait a few minutes for someone else to come by. But them again, I had no clue what I was doing either since I hadn't played that toon since Panda

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
Gellan - LVL100 - Ret Pally - Emerald Dream - Alliance

So, against all rational thinking I've chosen to stick with Ret Paladin. It's pretty much in my blood at this point -- 12 years in the making. May the buffs be ever in our favor!

I enjoyed the ret relic quest. I wont go spoilers on you, but the quest makes you feel pretty sweet, especially if you understand anything about Warcraft lore. That is...until you leave the instance and see 899827583 dudes with the same stuff. Guess that's MMO's for you...

I think I'll try stormheim first. I hope the questing experience is enjoyable!

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I don't expect to see it back. But those screenshots make it pretty damn obvious he wasn't hacked by some chinese farmer or some crap. Blizzard has the tech now to see where log in attempts are made as well.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
I hope you get your gold back and your ce copy sorted out soon sonikku, it really sucks when your looking forward to something like that and everything that can go wrong does.

I did the prot pally artifact so far, I thought it was kind of silly they make this big deal about you having a healer a long but then the first big fight is all gimick and the healer is just useless, in general I dont know if he ever cast a heal on me, seemed like the only time I saw my health go up was when I was using my self heal. I haven't played much yet, but its good so far. I do kind of get annoyed at wow's never ending faction renaming just so you have new rep to grind. I mean silver hand is a nice throw back to the original paladin organization but over the course of the game they have just used way to many names for the same organization.

I think I will do my MM hunter artifact next

Reactions: Sonikku

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
The Rogue quest sucked. Won't be doing that again any time soon.

Which one did you do? I chose Assassination, because I've been that spec for a long time. I first went that back in vanilla during BWL.... Man, that was crazy on Vaelastrasz with an effective infinite energy! :p Anyway, I thought the quest wasn't too bad for Assassination. You had to sneak around Stormwind for the majority of it. So, it was mostly just using distract and sapping guards. They even borrowed a feature from Assassin's Creed where crowds (marked with a glowing circle) would put you back into stealth.

Although, apparently, Assassination just isn't as good as "Outlaw". Ugh, speaking of that... I really don't like that name. Outlaw just seems so darn cheesy. While that's just a minor quibble, my main complaint comes from the dumbing down of rotations. I complained about this during the beginning of WoD, and they've removed even more abilities! Now, to be fair, I didn't select any of the abilities that you can get via talents, so I might need to select those so I don't fall asleep while playing. I mean... there are literally only three buttons to push right now: Mutilate, Envenom, Rupture. (You can also Garrote to start a fight.) So, I might end up selecting Exsanguinate as it's at least a 45s cooldown ability (speeds up bleeds).

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Before quest drops even my iLevel 700 druid was getting knocked around a little bit.

I was surprised at how quickly they gave weapons for alts. It's gonna be a pain to level them up.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Noxic 110 DPS ranking released

1 Assassination Rogue 328,512 DPS
2 Feral Druid 290,838 DPS
3 Destruction Warlock 285,610 DPS
4 Havoc Demon Hunter 272,934 DPS
5 Enhancement Shaman 266,808 DPS
6 Demonology Warlock 262,750 DPS
7 Survival Hunter 257,832 DPS
8 Arms Warrior 255,975 DPS
9 Outlaw Rogue 255,329 DPS
10 Fire Mage 248,481 DPS

kinda has me thinking about leveling up my rogue as my main before I get too invested in my balance druid.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Noxic 110 DPS ranking released

1 Assassination Rogue 328,512 DPS
2 Feral Druid 290,838 DPS
3 Destruction Warlock 285,610 DPS
4 Havoc Demon Hunter 272,934 DPS
5 Enhancement Shaman 266,808 DPS
6 Demonology Warlock 262,750 DPS
7 Survival Hunter 257,832 DPS
8 Arms Warrior 255,975 DPS
9 Outlaw Rogue 255,329 DPS
10 Fire Mage 248,481 DPS

kinda has me thinking about leveling up my rogue as my main before I get too invested in my balance druid.
I'm sure these will get adjusted over time, I wouldn't focus too heavily on any current list.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
So I haven't raided since WotLK when between 15-20k dps was really good. What was it for WoD? 300k is quite the jump for me... even in questing with iLevel 700+ gear I am not even remotely close to even 50k dps. Anyone know each expansion roughly what high end DPS was? Mists, Cata, WoD?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Seems they did have an attempted dos last night. After playing all night before getting as many levels as I could and being out for awhile I didn't log until late and noticed a bit of lag when trying to open bags and do dialogue.

how did other people feel about their class artifact quests?

I loved the storyline of the balance druid artifact, but I was surprised by how tough I found it in ilevel 700-720 gear; can't imagine trying to do it in 580-600 questing greens/blues straight from Draenor. there was one stage of it where I was down to like 2% HP.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's scaled.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
It's also Noxxic running SimC in what is probably max dps mode so in short they are pretty useless. We'll also more than likely see at least a couple more tweak patches between now and the release of raids in a month.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
..and Icy Veins was all smack talking Assassination as being worse than Outlaw. o_O Although, one of their points was that it isn't as good with target switching or AoE damage.
as much as I loved Combat from vanilla onward, I just can't get into Outlaw... roll the bones is way too RNG-y for me

Reactions: Sonikku

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
as much as I loved Combat from vanilla onward, I just can't get into Outlaw... roll the bones is way too RNG-y for me

The rogue class has me a bit torn, I was always combat with swords, but having no poisons, no evasion, and a gun instead of a throwing knife just feels so wrong

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Which one did you do? I chose Assassination, because I've been that spec for a long time. I first went that back in vanilla during BWL.... Man, that was crazy on Vaelastrasz with an effective infinite energy! :p Anyway, I thought the quest wasn't too bad for Assassination. You had to sneak around Stormwind for the majority of it. So, it was mostly just using distract and sapping guards. They even borrowed a feature from Assassin's Creed where crowds (marked with a glowing circle) would put you back into stealth.

Although, apparently, Assassination just isn't as good as "Outlaw". Ugh, speaking of that... I really don't like that name. Outlaw just seems so darn cheesy. While that's just a minor quibble, my main complaint comes from the dumbing down of rotations. I complained about this during the beginning of WoD, and they've removed even more abilities! Now, to be fair, I didn't select any of the abilities that you can get via talents, so I might need to select those so I don't fall asleep while playing. I mean... there are literally only three buttons to push right now: Mutilate, Envenom, Rupture. (You can also Garrote to start a fight.) So, I might end up selecting Exsanguinate as it's at least a 45s cooldown ability (speeds up bleeds).

I did Assassination as well. I switched a few expansions ago (Wrath maybe?) and yeah it was the sneaking part that sucked. Just tedious and kinda boring. Far from epic

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Well I talked with Best Buy customer service and they tell me "Might ship tomorrow, might ship a month from now, don't know and no one knows". I asked if I could cancel and they tell me no because it's "processing". I ask how it'll ship and they tell me Standard, 7 to 10 business days.

So I'm figuring it could be like a month plus two more weeks in shipping? And I CAN'T cancel it?! What the hell... I ask if she could at LEAST bump it up to overnight so that when it DOES ship it ships quickly and... she gives me 2 day. So thanks for that, I guess. People getting burned by Amazon in comparison are getting 30% off + overnight by calling in.

I missed out on Demon Hunter early access as punishment for paying Bliz more money by going the CE route and on top of that I hear it's been delayed a month mere hours before launch. Got scammed, I'm out a ton of gold, I have NO idea of what kind of time table I'm dealing with here and if I should just break down and buy a digital key, thus rewarding Bliz with even more of my money just so I can play with my damn friends and not fall behind. I'm so tired of this fiasco, I just want to play my damn game.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Played most classes doing the invasion leveling. Based on reading through the guides to figure out talents and rotations, some seem as difficult as ever while others once you go through it a bit can become quite easy. For most of them there is that one or two abilities that are gone and you feel weird about. Like when doing the warlock weapon and the npcs cast demon armor...

Aff lock seemed lost prior to 100, firemage ridiculously easy while ice looked like the guide was written to conduct some c++ code testing. Fury pretty straight forward, unholy is going to take some work to get the rotation down. Always felt limited in resources pre 100. Didn't really mess with rogue, shadow seemed easy enough to step back in as well as feral. My mock is just sitting at 20 so can't say anything about that.

Hunter was one of the ones that got the most level and it feels a bit lost playing. One shot, no traps, good for a short pet rezing cause the thing kept dying.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
An odd thing I wondered if anyone else experiences: on one computer when I open the launcher it pops right up. On another it also loads a password window first even though it is also checked to remember the credentials. Anyone play on more than one machine?

Also the launcher has a note about DOS attacks ongoing again.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Yes. Opening the WoW launcher on the one machine logs you out of the other machine and requires password entry.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I don't have it open on both at same time, and it's always only one particular machine that ask for the password, the other one never does.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
The Rogue quest sucked. Won't be doing that again any time soon. The Shammy line was pretty fun though. Was surprisingly easy considering i was in all iLvl 640 gear from the level boost. Only had 1 boss where i had to wait a few minutes for someone else to come by. But them again, I had no clue what I was doing either since I hadn't played that toon since Panda

The shammy quest looked good from the livestream I saw of it. Druid bear was easy at the start but they do apparently scale things to gear. My 722 gear gave me a couple of rough spots, mostly ranged spell caster demons that my ally kept aggro'ing and dying to. I had to respec (at least they give you 5 scrolls for that) on the fly to resto affinity to be able to heal myself and my ally. Rather neat to finally end up in the Emerald Dream after all these years.

Not too sure I'm going to be fond of having to do all the quests for each spec on some of my characters. It seems I'm somewhat locked into leveling my tanks in tank spec. Oddly out of the 3 tanks I play the most, druid/dk/pally, the pally seems the most fun.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
By the Emerald Dream do you mean we FINALLY get to go into the actual instance created back in vanilla that never released? Or do you mean into the dream lore wise, but something completely different in game? I remember reading about a quest that takes you into the dream in Wrath and getting excited when I get there and it's just the same place in moon glade with a green filter lol....

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
By the Emerald Dream do you mean we FINALLY get to go into the actual instance created back in vanilla that never released? Or do you mean into the dream lore wise, but something completely different in game? I remember reading about a quest that takes you into the dream in Wrath and getting excited when I get there and it's just the same place in moon glade with a green filter lol....
well, in theory the Emerald Dream is just an uncorrupted Azeroth (so, Azeroth but with no humanoids and a lot more trees). not terribly exciting.

the Druid order hall is not in the Emerald Dream itself, but the quest to get there takes you through it (and I think the room with all the portals is in the ED)