AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'm averaging about 3 levels per zone.

Have heard DPS queues are dreadful. Have several in guild already chain running mythics.

Warlock DPS while questing is terrible. Haven't been around a lot of other ranged but on occasion where one of the melee classes are tagging mobs near me they tear through them much faster.

Valsharah, blizz continues house cleaning with elimination of several long time prominent figures.

Also noticed Ysera still seemed to have the glowy eyes that the other dragons had lost with breaking the aspects power.

And speaking of dragons, we've got blue in one zone, green the next, and black in the third. Seems they are getting ready to introduce a new dragon themed plot line with so much dragon coverage.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'm averaging about 3 levels per zone.
that feels right.

at 108.5, I've fully cleared Val'sharah and Azsuna, completed like 75% of Highmountain, and just started Stormheim.

I've also been running dungeons as I get quests for them, although the awful LFG queue times as DPS have stymied that... I never have time to do even 5-mans on weeknights without pissing off my boyfriend, but I may try going resto and running some normals at 110 this weekend

Nezterra

Aug 15, 2016
Diablolike quests is a big step for WoW to my mind. Open world again interesting. Draenor become desolate immediately after the completion of the quest chains.

p/s
S W A G
c13ea0f93af9dc79208fa2271a8abbb6.jpg

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
hit 108.5 on my druid last night... need to go back and grab/gear up my resto artifact, though.

DPS queues in LFG are terrible right now (+45 minutes) and I'm afraid to tank, so resto it is to complete my class/profession quests that require running dungeons.
I did one dungeon as resto druid and one as pally tank, both were difficult since I have not done them in years. Tanking definitely felt much harder, but I defeated a boss from 5mil hit points after the rest of my party wiped. I think I still got it ;) Although I can tell I'm nowhere near efficient at using cooldowns yet. I was just lucky I had put them all on my bar to hit randomly lol.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Regular LFD took a while but both times I q'd for the dungeon quest it was instant.

Bubblehappy

Aug 14, 2010
hit 108.5 on my druid last night... need to go back and grab/gear up my resto artifact, though.

DPS queues in LFG are terrible right now (+45 minutes) and I'm afraid to tank, so resto it is to complete my class/profession quests that require running dungeons.

Don't be afraid to tank. Tanking is stupid easy now, and your bear will do just fine.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The new app is up and operational. Only wish they'd go back and add garrisons to it. :)

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Finally hit 110 last night, then spent too much time today getting my rep to Friendly with the 2 faction zones I didn't quest in so I could see the world quests. effing game.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Question - is there open world PVP going on again by any chance? I've been gone for awhile, but I remember several expansions ago it was pretty much gone. I think now you can run dungeons and what not with people from other servers, so it seems there is less reason that ever to do open world PVP. Is it pretty much dead?

Thanks!

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
With no explanation of what's going on, at least what the game has told me so far.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I've finished Highmountain and I'm probably 75% of the way through Stormheim, and I just got level 106. Apparently, Icy Veins says that those are the larger of the four leveling zones. Although, this is on a Rogue, and the one thing about Rogues is that you can stealth past a lot of enemies, which means less experience from killing mobs.

I'm not sure what I think about all the treasure. Having the artifact power items in there pretty much means you'd be a fool to not have HandyNotes installed as they're a near direct power upgrade vs. garrison resources, which could result in a piece of gear crafted through leather received from a work order issued through those resources.

:eek: I didn't know that such a thing existed! Of course, there's also an iOS version called WoW Legion Companion.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Stormheim was awesome on a demon hunter, "run way the hell up a mountain" quest says go back down and kill stuff "glide with ease to quest area"

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
As a Ret, DM's are WAY too mobile. But the disparity feels even wider considering speed rating on gear was nerfed in half and Pursuit of Justice is gone. Coupled with my 10% cloak enchant I had something like 155% movement speed on my Paladin in Warlords. I feel like I'm stuck in the mud in Legion.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
And demon hunters are a pinball, with talents you can fel rush twice, vengeful retreat and fel rush twice again in just a few seconds.

And, the old hunter trick to jump while running forward and turn in air to disengage in the forward direction you were running works equally well with vengeful retreat...

So, fel rush forward twice, keep running jump turn, vengeful retreat forward and fel rush twice again, covers a lot of ground to close or escape.

Last edited:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
The new app is up and operational. Only wish they'd go back and add garrisons to it. :)

I cant find the app. been looking all morning

The Android version was released quite a while before iOS I noticed yesterday. But yes the app is quite awesome. Biggest gripe is you can't use the app while you're playing. It's way better than having to go back to your Order Hall, but it will log you out if you try to use it.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I've finished Highmountain and I'm probably 75% of the way through Stormheim, and I just got level 106. Apparently, Icy Veins says that those are the larger of the four leveling zones. Although, this is on a Rogue, and the one thing about Rogues is that you can stealth past a lot of enemies, which means less experience from killing mobs.

I'm not sure what I think about all the treasure. Having the artifact power items in there pretty much means you'd be a fool to not have HandyNotes installed as they're a near direct power upgrade vs. garrison resources, which could result in a piece of gear crafted through leather received from a work order issued through those resources.

:eek: I didn't know that such a thing existed! Of course, there's also an iOS version called WoW Legion Companion.
I just finished doing my 2nd zone and I've done a dungeon... half way through 107. I did Stormheim and Azsuna.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
looks like the Legion app goes directly through the battlenet servers, which is too bad since it means it's blocked by my work firewall.

I was hoping it might not since I can use the mobile Armory app fine on my corporate wifi.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Really? They didn't seem all too bad. I thought they were a good length... hopefully the next 2 aren't too short...
There's plenty of optional stuff to do in each zone, especially in Highmountain with Nessingway, it's just not required to flesh out and complete the main story. All things considered I liked Val and Highmountain better than Azsuna and Stormheim.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
The Android version was released quite a while before iOS I noticed yesterday. But yes the app is quite awesome. Biggest gripe is you can't use the app while you're playing. It's way better than having to go back to your Order Hall, but it will log you out if you try to use it.

So far my annoyance with the app is that I cant seem to find an exit feature, maybe after you log off, but I dont really want to have to enter my password every time. Its just not saving my having turned sound off if I force close it to shut it down.

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
And getting a dress and two apples to help disguise a robot like a woman... I wonder what the apples were for?? hmmmm...

Apple pie maybe? I don't know. I've always been more of a melons guy.

On a nicer note, Suramar City is absolutely gorgeous. They really stepped up their game for this one.

Lore wise, what is that city? The ancient elf city, or was it for the naga?

Dinged 104. God I feel so behind. Didn't even get the Xpack until Saturday because of Blizzard's stock woes that never existed in previous expansions and with my Sunday and Monday being spent with my mother every week helping her with her hoarding and the rest of the week working I'm rapidly finding myself with little to no time to play. The guild's already 110 and getting decked out in powerful gear for the raid group forming. I'm not even at the cap... :(

I think sometimes I envy everyone ingame unemployed with no responsibilities. It seems to be a little more widespread with each expansion and increasingly harder to keep up with those with a life.

Wife, 3 kids, and a lawn that wont mow itself. I'm only at 101 =(

As a Ret, DM's are WAY too mobile. But the disparity feels even wider considering speed rating on gear was nerfed in half and Pursuit of Justice is gone. Coupled with my 10% cloak enchant I had something like 155% movement speed on my Paladin in Warlords. I feel like I'm stuck in the mud in Legion.

Luckily I had a long gap in my play time, so I don't miss the speed. Wouldn't mind having it back all the same...

Either way I'm more concerned with overall viability of Ret. I like the class/spec, so I won't change for preference reasons. I just hope it's not gimp. It would be nice to play something with a high skill cap...even if your average joe can't manage more than mediocrity...