AT word rules, what can't we say?

goshdarnindie

May 6, 2001
Ok, now this is not an open plea to say every bad word that you can think of and then tell a mod "I was only helping the guy out".

Its just that I am new around here and I noticed some people avoiding certain words and I can't find any direct reference to it in the help files.

So try, in a mature manner, to help a brother out.

A general guideline: if you can't say it on network television, don't say it here. Our language filter will tell you if you've tried to use a word that is on the forbidden list.

In addition to the usual four-letter Anglo-Saxon vulgarities, there are a few commercial references that are forbidden because we do not want members to post links to certain auction sites.

Also nixed: References in which members boast about posting in a thread before it is locked. This used to waste an immense amount of bandwidth, and became really tedious.

AnandTech Moderator

[edit] Thanks. It's nice to know that there is a language filter. As long as there is a way to make sure that I don't post something bad [edit]

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
There's no list. Just use your judgment and remember that children can read these forums. If you try to post a banned word, your post won't go through until you edit it.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000

<< There's no list. Just use your judgment and remember that children can read these forums. If you try to post a banned word, your post won't go through until you edit it. >>

Yep.

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001

<< &quot;Poopoo head&quot; is very bad....;) >>

Hey, he deserved it!! :)

daveman

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
I started a thread a few days ago wanting to know what was acceptable. But the mods canned it.
I feel your pain.

I don't understand the no e-bay rule, please explain

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
You can't say &quot;engine bay&quot;.

I remember trying to do this once and it was forbidden. :)