At what point will NY Jets fans realize its all hype?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
losing in the AFC championship is pretty good... wait what am i saying, i hate the jets

How good were the Jets?
Just good enough to lose.
As usual.

What is it now? 42 years they haven't even gotten to the big game?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Yep.
Just as I said. Hype.
In a season without any dominant teams the Jets couldn't even win their conference.

And, next year doesn't look as good as this year for the Jets.

The Jets traded away their draft picks to build this team. They overpaid Revis which will come back to haunt them as other players demand more money.
While a bunch of other teams built up their draft picks in anticipation of a rookie salary cap, the Jets took their players. Now that will come home to roost.

And, the Jets aren't going to get the easy schedule they had this year.

I believe they have like 17 free agents also.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Yep.
Just as I said. Hype.
In a season without any dominant teams the Jets couldn't even win their conference.

And, next year doesn't look as good as this year for the Jets.

The Jets traded away their draft picks to build this team. They overpaid Revis which will come back to haunt them as other players demand more money.
While a bunch of other teams built up their draft picks in anticipation of a rookie salary cap, the Jets took their players. Now that will come home to roost.

And, the Jets aren't going to get the easy schedule they had this year.

Man, you're pathetic. 30 teams couldn't win their conference this year, but the Jets did better than 28 of them - including the Patriots. How pathetic are those Patriots? Couldn't even win a single playoff game. Even the Seahawks won a playoff game. :biggrin: Watching the Jets beat the Patriots was almost as satisfying as watching the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Remember that one? Best Super Bowl Ever.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
they made it to the afc championship game lat year, schedule won't be much different next year.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
and it looks like the afc east has the afc west next year, so lol at a tougher schedule next year than this.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
How good were the Jets?
Just good enough to lose.
As usual.

What is it now? 42 years they haven't even gotten to the big game?

Better than the Pats, and better than every other AFC team than the Steelers.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
You're too generous. Watching Rex almost break down and cry in the post game interview was priceless:awe:

Have to agree. They shouldn't have had to make a game of it. If they'd showed up at all in the first half things would have been different. What got me was the bone-headed penalties. Roughing the kicker? Really? FFS.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
You're too generous. Watching Rex almost break down and cry in the post game interview was priceless:awe:

Heh - I didn't watch the postgame but I almost turned the game off after how embarrassing the first half was

They shouldn't have had to make a game of it. If they'd showed up at all in the first half things would have been different. What got me was the bone-headed penalties. Roughing the kicker? Really? FFS.

I agree. Still, instead of laying down and accepting their drubbing they did actually make a game out of it.

And I really really hate stupid penalties - dumbasses get paid too much to do stupid shit like that

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Heh - I didn't watch the postgame but I almost turned the game off after how embarrassing the first half was

I agree. Still, instead of laying down and accepting their drubbing they did actually make a game out of it.

And I really really hate stupid penalties - dumbasses get paid too much to do stupid shit like that
Hey be happy, they over achieved. One day down the road many years from now you'll realize that this was their crowning glory, to almost make it only to fall short once again.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Hey be happy, they over achieved. One day down the road many years from now you'll realize that this was their crowning glory, to almost make it only to fall short once again.

Eh? I am, by no means, a Jets fan. I just like the fact they beat the Patriots!