At this point why not just do the whole thing over....

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Everyone is complaining about this that and the other. I think with all the attention this election has garnered, if we re-did the whole thing there would be a lot more people coming out to vote.

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Interesting idea, but I have doubts about the legality of it. IANAL, just seems a bit extreme.

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
What else is there to do? There're going to be a lot of complaints and lawsuits from the supporters of whoever loses in Florida.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
EngineNr9: If they call a re-vote solely in that contentious county in Florida, then I'll damn well sue to have a nationwide re-vote. I am not kidding. I will NOT have the entire election decided by snippy old farts who can't read a ballot. There are too many aspects to having a re-vote that make it asinine, not the least of which is that Democrats in that county will KNOW that they MUST vote in order to secure the Presidency for Gwhore. Since it's a heavily Democratic county, as they keep repeating, won't it be nice to have a heavily Democratic county deciding the next President?

Then, if you have Palm Beach County re-vote, shouldn't you have the entire state re-vote to balance out the political affiliations, since the re-vote WILL change turnout? Then, if you have Florida re-vote, you need to have ALL states re-vote, since (again) turnout will be affected.

If that happens, then they need to make sure that every single person who votes is registered, legal, and living. I know of one instance personally where a 17 year old was allowed to vote (Democrat, no less -- daughter of my wife's coworker). How many other instances are there like that around the country? With allegations that the California Democratic Party sent out registration cards to aliens, I'd say the votes might change there, too. We'll need to re-register everyone with bi-partisan oversight to ensure that there are no irregularities.

Or maybe we should just have the Speaker of the House take over. Hell, they are appointing outright a Senator in Missouri -- sounds fair to me. Heh.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Actually, I just heard that 19,000 ballots are being thrown out because they are double punched for Gore and Buchanon. I have saw the ballot and can read and understand it clearly, but it could be misleading for some people. However, did you know that democrats were the ones that designed and approved the ballot? I just heard that too. I don't see a problem with having a re-vote in that county. Someone should not be cheated of the presidency because of ballot confusion. If 19000 were double punched I would like to see that percentage compared to the ones that were single punched in Florida, so we could really determine if the ballot was the problem. BTW, only the people who originally voted could revote in my opinion, but dag-on I'm willing to let the whole country re-vote if it would help this situation.

I also heard Bush is now up by 900, and there are still overseas ballots to count, but most of those should be republican.

I'm really starting to say just do the whole thing over, I don't won't our new president to carry a conspiracy "theory" to office on his first day.

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Well, I think the double punch problem only happened in certain counties in Florida....that different counties have different ballots...

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Ride - Yea, I'm not sure either. However, I am curious to know if they are different in other counties.