AT TF2 Fight Night (Sat at 9pm EST/6pm PST)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Day and Time

• Mon

• Tues

• Wed

• Thurs

• Fri

• Sat

• Sun

• 9pm EST, 6pm PST

• 10pm EST, 7pm PST

• 11pm EST, 8pm PST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
It's awesome and I actually don't find it too hard to get it full. I usually stand near a wall or around a corner and shoot out shots until it gets full. Sometimes you get lucky with a crocket and kill someone, which makes it full instantly! :awe:

KT

Hiding behind a wall/corner... very manly of you!!!:p

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Hiding behind a wall/corner... very manly of you!!!:p

Yep, I'm a pussy when I play Soldier. Maybe if I ever get better at the class.

Besides, getting a banner can be extremely helpful for the team, so if that's what I need to do to get one, then it's all good! :D

KT

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I really need to figure out crafting more.
Anyone got a GOOD, link for a simpleton like me?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I've never read anything on crafting, all I did was go through the briefcase and read the blueprints to figure what you needed to do.

It's quite simple actually. I've crafted a few hats already. :awe:

Essentially just read the blueprint of what you want to make (most take some amount of refined metal) and go from there.

Once you start dragging items over from your backpack to the crafting grid, it will highlight which blueprints you can use.

In the end it's a lot of breaking down weapons into scrap, combining 3 scrap into reclaimed metal, then combining 3 reclaimed into refined. After that you typically use 3 or 4 refined metal and maybe a class or slot token, depending on what you want to build.

KT

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Is there anything useful of all of this? Or is this all to get my Avatar a new really cool hat, lol?

I've never read anything on crafting, all I did was go through the briefcase and read the blueprints to figure what you needed to do.

It's quite simple actually. I've crafted a few hats already. :awe:

Essentially just read the blueprint of what you want to make (most take some amount of refined metal) and go from there.

Once you start dragging items over from your backpack to the crafting grid, it will highlight which blueprints you can use.

In the end it's a lot of breaking down weapons into scrap, combining 3 scrap into reclaimed metal, then combining 3 reclaimed into refined. After that you typically use 3 or 4 refined metal and maybe a class or slot token, depending on what you want to build.

KT

Feb 4, 2009
saw 6 of you on a moment ago but I cannot join server has different version. Never seen that before anyone have a suggestion?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
saw 6 of you on a moment ago but I cannot join server has different version. Never seen that before anyone have a suggestion?

It means the server has not been updated. Vivi probably needs to do it. I'll shoot him a PM.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Is there anything useful of all of this? Or is this all to get my Avatar a new really cool hat, lol?

Well that's what I use it for, because the hats are freaking awesome. You can craft weapons and stuff, but you'll get them from drops anyway. Hats rarely drop.

It does not take that long to do as long as you have extra weapons to break down.

KT

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
I'll be on around 9pm-9:30 Est. As usual, Sacraster and I will be on alone (my prediction) playing with ourselves (so to speak) and have guys trickle in and out of the server, maxing out at about 3/4 guys,....then those guys get sick of no one showing up, so they leave...just in time for like 3 more to show up...so if the first 3 guys stayed we actually could have gotten the server up.....Kind of a pessimistic view I suppose...

Sacraster

May 31, 2001
I'll be on around 9pm-9:30 Est. As usual, Sacraster and I will be on alone (my prediction) playing with ourselves (so to speak) and have guys trickle in and out of the server, maxing out at about 3/4 guys,....then those guys get sick of no one showing up, so they leave...just in time for like 3 more to show up...so if the first 3 guys stayed we actually could have gotten the server up.....Kind of a pessimistic view I suppose...

ya, hopefully tonight will be different. counting on AT to show up :)

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Well unless I get his by a truck, which is definitely a possibility, I will be there.

KT

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
Hrm, I think I need to reinstall steam and TF2. Prolly be a bit rusty though.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

I should be there, even though Rambo is on tonight at 9pm CST.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
yes, reminds me how much fun TF2 is. Gotta learn the new weapons though.