AT&T is giving me the big screw

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Well i've had my cell phone for about 60 days. No problems with it until the last 2 weeks.

I cant get any service in my home. I can get up to about 3 bars of 7, i have the nokia 6360. The phone will never ring nor can calls be made from inside my home. This is all recent for me. Funny thing is my mother has a 5165 which she got for free that works like a charm in the house. I paid $80 for the phone with a $50 rebate.

They said i passed my 30 day trial and cant get a different phone, but can warranty it. Big deal, i think its the whole internal intenna which is the problem. They then say they can send me the 5165 for the price of shipping for 9.99, not a bad deal. But the 5165 compared to the 6360 is like a station wagon and a sports car. Its really not fair. I pay them $40 a month for service that is a bunch of crap. I was hesitant to go with the 2 year plan but it meant more minutes if i did. Now look what i get, just a typical screw around.

Funny thing is, i asked how many times i can warranty my phone. They said as often as needed. So i said i can warranty it ever 2 weeks just to be a pain in the neck and cost you shipping and all these fees twice a month. But you cant just send me a different model phone which will cost you half of what i plan to do.

Anyone wanna buy a 6360????? Has a small scratch on the battery cover.

Matt

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
I'd go for it, but ATT phones aren't compatible with Cingular. I'm used to not being able to get ANY signal from home even though I'm in Sacramento.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If the 5165 works in your house and your phone doesn't, how exactly is yours better?

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
mines better b/c of the features. all which dont help me for $hi!. Like the high definition screen, voice dialing, ring tone composer and all that lovely stuff that probably makes my phone garbage. Plus its a lot lighter and slimmer than the brick 5165

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
2 year plan? yup you got the screw. in 2 years we'll all have wireless phones installed into our brains and you'll still be using your 6360! haha!

anyway seriously why don't you just warranty your phone...looks like it broke and they're willing to fix it for free, so why don't you do it?

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
i plan on using the warranty, but i know when i get it back its still not gonna work in my house. I just have that feeling.

Got any ideas what i should do? I dont wanna lose money on the deal. Know any corporate numbers? Or corporate sites that have customer service numbers?

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
i've got a v60t that doesn't work at my house :( actually it just doesn't work well at all, i always get the message 'call failed' at peak hours and off peak hours :|