AT&T can go die in a fire for selling their BS door to door in the middle of a COVID hotspot

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
In the middle of a pandemic in one of the hottest burning parts of the world (San Antonio, Texas) I have these asshole showing up to my door trying to sell me their internet and TV and not wanting to take a simple no for an answer. Fuck off assholes, so far I had one person I know die from COVID and another on a ventilator in bad shape who probably will die, this thing is raging in my community, and you pieces of shit think I should go have a long in-person conversation with you about my internet. Die in a fire AT&T. Wondering if next time I should just open the door naked and see if that finally gets me marked as someone to not solicit to.

Reactions: BUTCH1

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
In the middle of a pandemic in one of the hottest burning parts of the world (San Antonio, Texas) I have these asshole showing up to my door trying to sell me their internet and TV and not wanting to take a simple no for an answer. Fuck off assholes, so far I had one person I know die from COVID and another on a ventilator in bad shape who probably will die, this thing is raging in my community, and you pieces of shit think I should go have a long in-person conversation with you about my internet. Die in a fire AT&T. Wondering if next time I should just open the door naked and see if that finally gets me marked as someone to not solicit to.
Isn't capitalism great? The American way put money before people.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I have a decent sized "NO SOLICITING" sign on a red background on my front door at eye level. It has stopped most, but the Jehovah witnesses and AT&T have ignored it. See them on the camera, answer the door with gun in hand, visible, but pointed down. They get the message.

The last JW's tried to stick a flyer in the door gap (storm door also locked) and it fell on porch when the walked off. I opened the door and told them to come back and pick up their fucking litter.

Yes, I am that grumpy old man, and get the fuck off my lawn. The more I see of people, the worse it gets.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This is a weird thread but since I’m no fan of AT&T I’ll add my two cents. The company started turning to shit after Cingular bought it. I’m happy to say that none of my services are with AT&T anymore and I’m fortunate enough to have better alternatives in my area.

Nov 8, 2012
Isn't capitalism great? The American way put money before people.

.... S....Sure bud.... that's what capitalism has to do with.... people showing up to your front door..... R...Riiiiiiiiiight.... You just have life completely figured out don'tcha little cuttie?

Christ certain people need mental help.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
.... S....Sure bud.... that's what capitalism has to do with.... people showing up to your front door..... R...Riiiiiiiiiight.... You just have life completely figured out don'tcha little cuttie?

Yes, you do. Screaming at the mirror isn't good for your mental health.

Reactions: jman19

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
One came to my house a couple days ago. Kept his distance but no mask. Talked to another one before COVID for a little bit. Asked about the user experience which baffled the poor lass. Hit upon a question they hadn't been supplied a canned answer for. What I discovered was that AT&T sends out salespeople to sell a product they don't even bother to demo for them. The sales person had never used their services. Never seen their interface. And it was their job to sell it to me. The fact that she was selling a product she has never actually seen before apparently hadn't struck her as unusual until that moment either. Sometimes I hate America.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
One came to my house a couple days ago. Kept his distance but no mask. Talked to another one before COVID for a little bit. Asked about the user experience which baffled the poor lass. Hit upon a question they hadn't been supplied a canned answer for. What I discovered was that AT&T sends out salespeople to sell a product they don't even bother to demo for them. The sales person had never used their services. Never seen their interface. And it was their job to sell it to me. The fact that she was selling a product she has never actually seen before apparently hadn't struck her as unusual until that moment either. Sometimes I hate America.

Modern America, aka the post 1980s Milton Friedman model of maximizing short term gains since the Reagan Revolution means training competent sales people is too expensive.

Pretty much the same reason why a classic engineering firm like Boeing went to the shitter and the same path Intel is going after all the engineers got replaced by MBAs who are trained for short term corporate hit and run looting.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Are you sure those door to door are not third party sellers?
If not i have not yet seen one an official ATT door to door.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I have a decent sized "NO SOLICITING" sign on a red background on my front door at eye level. It has stopped most, but the Jehovah witnesses and AT&T have ignored it. See them on the camera, answer the door with gun in hand, visible, but pointed down. They get the message.

The last JW's tried to stick a flyer in the door gap (storm door also locked) and it fell on porch when the walked off. I opened the door and told them to come back and pick up their fucking litter.

Yes, I am that grumpy old man, and get the fuck off my lawn. The more I see of people, the worse it gets.
I don't think your "grumpy" at all, it's YOUR PROPERTY and YOU had to pay for it, I'm 200% sure as you slugged along making payments you were thinking of all the lovely unwanted solicitation's you had coming!. Around here A+TT called then "courtesy calls" and once I dumped my landline they stopped.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I would advise against the opening the door naked thing. I tired that and not only did I have someone trying to sell me AT&T, now I have a stalker. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MtnMan and pcgeek11

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Too many white young males dressed like no one dresses any more, come around, to randomly answer the door.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I thought you folks were allowed to shoot anyone who steps foot on your property?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I would advise against the opening the door naked thing. I tired that and not only did I have someone trying to sell me AT&T, now I have a stalker. ;)
The secret is to answer the door naked, and with a gun in your hand.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Wait you answer the door? I only open door for delivery.
Yea, the dog barks every time they ring the doorbell.

Or your could always scream through the door "run for your life Cujo just busted through the back door screen"

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
well if you would answer your damn phone.....