AT&T broadband

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Can I uninstall that AT&T program that I used to set up my internet or do I have to leave it installed? It is super annoying and it slows my startup considerably.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
You do NOT need it installed.

You should NOT install it.

All you need is the basic hardware connections, the drivers to work the hardware, and the network stack to support it all.

nik <-- AT&T Broadband technician

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt

All you need is the basic hardware connections, the drivers to work the hardware, and the network stack to support it all.

nik

woah....

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt

nik

Well it's still working, thanks.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: dakata24
Originally posted by: ScottyB
The guy said I had to so At&t can "sink" up to my computer or something.

haha. they actually told you that? :p

Yeah, of course the guy hooked up the wrong line in the box twice while he was hooking up my internet. He was all like "Huuu, it's not working." He was here for 45 minutes.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
if you uninstalled and your IE is still branded as "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by AT&T Broadband Internet", you can change that by editing the registry:

Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main, Right-click "New String Value", title it "Window Title"
then modify to whatever you want it to say..

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: dakata24
if you uninstalled and your IE is still branded as "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by AT&T Broadband Internet", you can change that by editing the registry:

Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main, Right-click "New String Value", title it "Window Title"
then modify to whatever you want it to say..

Thanks.