At Least 23 Killed in Tel Aviv Homicide Bombings

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Lets see, suicide bombers or those who lob rockets at a safe distance? Which are the "cowards" again

The cowards are those that hide among civilians, hoping they will provide a shield.

Homicide bombers are nothing more than religiously brainwashed youths, who go out and and do their part of Jihad by killing as many infidels as possible, so that they can finally get laid with those 72 virgins.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Vernor
Lets see, suicide bombers or those who lob rockets at a safe distance? Which are the "cowards" again

The cowards are those that hide among civilians, hoping they will provide a shield.

Homicide bombers are nothing more than religiously brainwashed youths, who go out and and do their part of Jihad by killing as many infidels as possible, so that they can finally get laid with those 72 virgins.

Yeah, bullsh*t. Just more zionist propaganda.

petrek

Apr 11, 2001
Which God (if any) do you believe is the true God, that is the root and basis of the issue. Is the Muslim's Allah speaking the truth, or is the God of the Bible speaking the truth.

In the U.S., Israel, and Canada as well as other nations based on the Christian faith, people of all faiths are allowed to practice and preach as they see fit, that is the Christian God's way, every single individual is allowed to choose their own destiny. If you preach in a Muslim country you will be put in jail, and most likely killed.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: petrek
Which God (if any) do you believe is the true God, that is the root and basis of the issue. Is the Muslim's Allah speaking the truth, or is the God of the Bible speaking the truth.

In the U.S., Israel, and Canada as well as other nations based on the Christian faith, people of all faiths are allowed to practice and preach as they see fit, that is the Christian God's way, every single individual is allowed to choose their own destiny. If you preach in a Muslim country you will be put in jail, and most likely killed.

I'm, by no means, an expert when it comes to religion, but are you sure it's the Christian God's way...all faiths are allowed to practice and preach as they see fit? Isn't one of the commandments "Thou shalt have no ther God" or something like that? Again, I'm no expert. It just seems kind of odd, what you said.

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999

1. The God of Abraham is the same God of Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

Actually historically, Muslim ruled nations have been more tolerant of other religions than Christian ruled ones. Evidence includes the exodus of Jews from Europe during the inquisition to Muslims controlled land and the long coexistance of Muslims, Jews and Christian communities in Muslim controlled lands. True thier was some repression and such things as special taxes on non-Muslims by some rulers, but overall the record is equal to if not better than that of the Christian world in terms of acceptance of other faiths with the exceptions of some very extreme nations such as Saudi Arabia.

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Originally posted by: hagbard
Originally posted by: Vernor

Yeah, bullsh*t. Just more zionist propaganda.

What a riposte.

Typical.

petrek

Apr 11, 2001

Actually historically, Muslim ruled nations have been more tolerant of other religions than Christian ruled ones. Evidence includes the exodus of Jews from Europe during the inquisition to Muslims controlled land and the long coexistance of Muslims, Jews and Christian communities in Muslim controlled lands. True thier was some repression and such things as special taxes on non-Muslims by some rulers, but overall the record is equal to if not better than that of the Christian world in terms of acceptance of other faiths with the exceptions of some very extreme nations such as Saudi Arabia.

I'm not sure where you are getting your history from...but the present day facts speak for themselves. Muslim ruled countries are intolerant of Christians and therefore could not possibly believe in the same god.

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: EngineNr9
Historically Christians have been just as intolerant. It relates to socio-economics, not religion.

I learned that Muslims never did forced conversions or were that intolerant, UNTIL the Christians started with the crusades...

petrek

Apr 11, 2001
Catholics are not Christian. People who refer to themselves as Christian are not necessarily Christian.
"Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

D

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
These (Israeli/Palestinian) threads lead nowhere. They are not constructive at all.

vladgur

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
i really dont care anymore. we should just nuke the place untill its an uninhabitable wasteland for the next billion years and leave it at that

ehh but they would probibily still fight over whoes wasteland it is

... wait they are already doing that

have you ever been to israel you dumb ass? If you were you wouldnt call it a wasteland....

Atif

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2001
"Does intent not count anymore?"

My friend, having the most advanced forms of A.I. still will not allow you or me to derive what one's intention is when taking any action, so please don't use it to fight for your argument, it could just as easily be used against it.

Dari, I agree 100% with you. EVERY time a discussion on the situation in Palestine is started, it becomes a flame thread. Even if you put your flamesuit on you'd get incinerated :(

Attacking is clearly the easiest method of communication in these threads, and it truly is a shame that a polite DISCUSSION cannot be had.

Peace

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I'm not sure where you are getting your history from...but the present day facts speak for themselves. Muslim ruled countries are intolerant of Christians and therefore could not possibly believe in the same god.

I'd say petrek has it right. Yes, historically the Christian church was intolerant and guilty of many sins. The most commonly cited examples though occurred during the Crusades.
It was not that long ago that people in Afghanistan when it was under Taliban rule were put under a death sentence for preaching. Thankfully the taliban is now gone, but the same laws do apply in many countries.

Thankfully Egypt is working on improving its relations with the Copts and has lowered the oppression of them

earthman

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
The issue between the Palestinians and Israelis is a political one, not religeous, in spite of fanatics on both sides trying to paint it as such. Incidentally, many Palestinians are Christians, for those that don't know. Dragging religeon into this discussion only makes it more impossible to reach any agreement, since each religeon generally claims to have the ultimate authority on its side.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
There is no difference between religion and politics. Religion is a subset of politics.

earthman

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
I'm sure some religeous persons would disagree with that.
Religeon is the given mytho-history and psuedo-philosophy of a cultural group, centered around the deity or deities they ostensibly worship. Politics is the science of social organization and the mobilization of collective resources. Religeon can be a political influence, but its politics that controls national aspirations and destinies. Religeon may (or may not) be a filter for concepts such as morality and justice, but politics is the process that creates leaders and social change.