At Least 23 Killed in Tel Aviv Homicide Bombings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: Czar
guess you havent been following what the Israelis have been doing for the past few weeks

(just to keep with the general purpose of this thread)
...Testing the Arrow anti-missile defense system, designed to protect Israel from Iraqi Scud attack? Yeah, that's pretty horrible....
yes you reeeeaaaaly know whats going on there, good job
My point is that I do not care. The Palestinians strap bombs on themselves and seek out civilian targets in such a way as to maximize casualties. I do not care what the Israelis are doing; NOTHING justifies that tactic. Because of that, the Palestinians can be exterminated for all I care, and in my opinion, humanity would be better off.
and nothing justifies killing 4 or 5 children by dropping a huge bomb on a residential area, theres NO excuses. israel does plenty of things that cant be justified, but you folks continue to excuse them because of your ignorance and idiocy. just because suicide bombers are wrong doesnt mean that dropping bombs on houses, killing children, killings for throwing rocks (try that here, you'll be put in jail), and leaving people homeless by destroying their houses because they're related to a bomber or IDF is looking for a bomber and doesnt want to go outside, so they tear the walls between houses down....

right.. i guess SOMEONE has to be right? no.. sorry.

davee

Banned
Aug 20, 2002
in case i gave the wrong impression i deplore suicide bombing but some people give the impression 'geez why are these horrible people doin these nasty things to us' and for part of the answer they must look at their own actions.They don't treat their arab neighbours with any dignity
,people are shot carelessly and people beaten up etc.its time for the jews to play ball fair with their neighbours

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: mrCide
guess you havent been following what the Israelis have been doing for the past few weeks

...Testing the Arrow anti-missile defense system, designed to protect Israel from Iraqi Scud attack? Yeah, that's pretty horrible....
My point is that I do not care. The Palestinians strap bombs on themselves and seek out civilian targets in such a way as to maximize casualties. I do not care what the Israelis are doing; NOTHING justifies that tactic. Because of that, the Palestinians can be exterminated for all I care, and in my opinion, humanity would be better off.
and nothing justifies killing 4 or 5 children by dropping a huge bomb on a residential area, theres NO excuses. israel does plenty of things that cant be justified, but you folks continue to excuse them because of your ignorance and idiocy. just because suicide bombers are wrong doesnt mean that dropping bombs on houses, killing children, killings for throwing rocks (try that here, you'll be put in jail), and leaving people homeless by destroying their houses because they're related to a bomber or IDF is looking for a bomber and doesnt want to go outside, so they tear the walls between houses down....

The Israelis aren't "dropping huge bombs" just for the hell of it...

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by: mrCide

The Israelis aren't "dropping huge bombs" just for the hell of it...

No they aren't. But by utilizing the tactics that they are (both sides) they are not accomplishing anything but assuring thier will be more violence and they both know that. Every Israeli civillian killed by the terrorists just strengthens the hand of the Israeli right wing, and every Palestinian civillian killed by the Israelis just strengthens the hand of the terrorists. Thier will have to be a lot more blood shed before some party on both sides steps up to the plate and says enough and makes the painfull compromises neccessary. I for my part now firmly believe the two state solution will always be unworkable and some sort of binational state is inevitable based on shear geography and demographics.

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Grasshopper27
Again, I ask what your point is?

There will always be those in any government who want to do such things. So long as the Prime Minister doesn't want to, it ain't gonna happen.

Sharron has very clearly stated that he is against such a move.

Let me turn this on its head. What exactly would you like Israel to do?

Grasshopper
there is alot, I'v always liked the idea of an Israeli business man, directly help rebuilding the palestinian infastructure and forming up more places where Israelis and Palestinians live together. Also the Israeli peace movement has alot of good ideas

What's the point of 'rebuilding the infrastructure', if the Pals will just use it to launch more terror operations ?

They need to work on keeping agreements.

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
there is alot, I'v always liked the idea of an Israeli business man, directly help rebuilding the palestinian infastructure and forming up more places where Israelis and Palestinians live together. Also the Israeli peace movement has alot of good ideas
No, I meant what realisticly would you like Israel to do? Fancyful ideas are nice, but as long as they are being attacked, they are not going to give the Palestinians what they want, human nature doesn't work that way.

Grasshopper

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
sick f*cks targeting civilians as ussual. one bomber sets people fleeing towards 2nd bomber who detonates later.

sick f*cks. putting nuts and bolts in the bombs to kill more. i wonder if they put rat poison in there too this time. keeps people bleeding.

nazi level sick f*cks.. its good they don't have more power.

don't even start to make comparisons with operations where civilian casualties are kept to a minimum with sick f*cks that maximize civilian deaths.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
i really dont care anymore. we should just nuke the place untill its an uninhabitable wasteland for the next billion years and leave it at that

ehh but they would probibily still fight over whoes wasteland it is

... wait they are already doing that

Passner

Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
i really dont care anomore. we should just nuke the place untill its an uninhabitable wasteland for teh next billion years and leave it at that

boy, that was a deep, introspective comment. I think it can stand on its own as a bastion of articulateness

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
i really dont care anomore. we should just nuke the place untill its an uninhabitable wasteland for teh next billion years and leave it at that

TheEvil1, while you post makes a lot of sense, the fact that you don't care anymore "might" be a reason why there is still issues in this part of the world IMHO. Just a thought.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
yea i realize that but they need to realize that when they keep preaching peace peace peace and then go and blow something up. isnt the best way to gain sympathy for their cause. they need to reach a mutual agreement. the prblim is that this most likely wont happen because they have been fighting for so long. and teh fact that we were supporting one side against teh other dosent help matyters when we all of a sudden want to make peace.

EDIT: and i know a lot of people like my self that just dont concern themself with it anymore. My dad for one changes the channel every time it comes on teh news cause hes tired of heraring about it cause nothing ever changes

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
When Palestinians are slaughtered by the Israeli war machine (on a daily basis), not a peep from anyone here, except Czar. Then he's labelled an apologist or sympathizer. But when the chicken comes home to roost, all Palestinians are labelled terrorists. You guys make me sick. Both leaders are despicable un-intelligent selfish pricks that aren't interested in peace at all. What both sides need are realists.

The problem with the word terrorist is that anyone can use it on their enemy. Hell, even the imperialist British had the balls to call the Africans fighting for their homeland ON THEIR SOIL terrorists. The Palestinian don't have AR-15s, Merkava tanks, or F-16s. If they did, their destruction of Israeli civilians would be more 'acceptable' to people in the West. But all they have are their beliefs, nails, rat poison, and explosives. A guidance missile like that is not as 'acceptable' as the aforementioned weapons, but it does the job.

They are fighters. While their methodology is not acceptable in the West, it has garner the respect of military analysts around the globe. Desperate times call for desperate actions.

chuckieland

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2000
i think Palestinains should be more realist on their demand
wanting all jews. out of middle east, that is never gonna happen
how do you workout a peace treaty when all palestinains wants is for all jews to leave middle east, and they won't settle for anything else.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
i think Palestinains should be more realist on their demand
I think you're listening to the extremists. Maybe you should listen to the regular palestinians. You should also hear what the Israeli right has to say.

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
The History of this Situation:

After world war II the UN wanted to give the displaced Jew's of Europe a home. So the UN decided to make the nation of Israel in a place called Palestine. The UN basically told all of the Palestinians to leave and make room for the Jew's and the new nation of Israel. Thus the root of the anger with the Palestinians and why they want the Jew's off of "their" land b/c basically the UN stole the land from them and gave it to the Jew's.

All of this turmoil and bloodshed is a result of the moronic UN meddling in affairs they know nothing about. It could also be said that all of the terrorist threats on the US, including 9/11, are a result of the UN's decision to make the nation of Israel. All of the Arab countries hate the US, but especially b/c we are the main backer of Israel. I'll be the first to admit what happened to the Jew's was the worst attrocity in recent human history but displacing another peoples to give them a home? Not the right solution. I also think the way the Palestinians target civilians is pathetic. However, I am not on the side of the Israelis but don't condon what the Palestinians do. But I understand where they are coming from and they really have no ways of getting their land back.

In summary: It's an impossible situation with no real solution. The bloodshed will continue forever, I fear.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
You're wrong, mallow. The situation was caused by the Turkish loss in WWI. They lost and the British took over. They promised Jews a place in Palestine. Britain handed over the responsibilities to the UN cause the situation was extremely volatile. It was divided in the late 1940s between israel and palestine. The neighboring arabs subsequently invaded and created the current mess we have today. Palestinians never really had a chance to decide their own fate. It was always decided by outsiders.

jahawkin

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2000
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first Palestinian act of violence in about a month?? In that time how many palestinians have been killed by Isreal??

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Mallow
The History of this Situation:

After world war II the UN wanted to give the displaced Jew's of Europe a home. So the UN decided to make the nation of Israel in a place called Palestine. The UN basically told all of the Palestinians to leave and make room for the Jew's and the new nation of Israel. Thus the root of the anger with the Palestinians and why they want the Jew's off of "their" land b/c basically the UN stole the land from them and gave it to the Jew's.

All of this turmoil and bloodshed is a result of the moronic UN meddling in affairs they know nothing about. It could also be said that all of the terrorist threats on the US, including 9/11, are a result of the UN's decision to make the nation of Israel. All of the Arab countries hate the US, but especially b/c we are the main backer of Israel. I'll be the first to admit what happened to the Jew's was the worst attrocity in recent human history but displacing another peoples to give them a home? Not the right solution. I also think the way the Palestinians target civilians is pathetic. However, I am not on the side of the Israelis but don't condon what the Palestinians do. But I understand where they are coming from and they really have no ways of getting their land back.
Any connection between the above and history is purely coincidental.

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Originally posted by: jahawkin
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first Palestinian act of violence in about a month?? In that time how many palestinians have been killed by Isreal??

Are you kidding ? It was the first *succesfull* homicide bombing in a while.

When Islamic Jihad, Hamas and the PLO declare a cease-fire- you might have a point.

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
among other things grabbing more arab land while building their 100m wall and shooting dead young children
God forbid Israel creates an obstacle between the bombers and its civilian centers.

As for collateral civilian damage, the blame lies solely with the Palestinians for operating in heavily populated areas.

ASK THE COMMUNITY