At least 216,000 children have been sexually abused by the French Catholic Church since 1950.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Yea. I saw this yesterday. One of the many reasons why I deconverted from Catholism and I am now a practicing Buddhist. The only time that I will ever go into a Catholic church is for funerals. Family members on my mothers side are all Catholic, and since most of them have all passed away I hope to never go into a Catholic church ever again. With the cover up and movement of the many awful predator priest to develpoing/third world countries, to the abuse and findings of thousands of unmarked graves of indigious children on Catholic grounds, to the inquistion, and many many more injustices I could no longer be a Catholic. Are there good Catholic priest? Yes. But, the Catholic system is comprised of lazy, fat Catholic clergy who do nothing but live on tax payer dollars. How could anyone defend the Catholic church in the 21st century is beyond me.

About a year ago I attended my aunt's funeral which was in a Catholic church. It was a very small gathering. She was a devout Catholic. She went to the church at least 3x a week. A very nice lady. She was the type of Catholic person who had a Catholic rosary in one hand and would yell out to god. I had to endure the service and I had to listen to the non sense that came from the Catholic priest. A very nice man, but I just disagreed with his views. That my aunt was now warping thru space and time and her designation was heaven. And, that we were living in end times. But, isn't it always the end times. I was thinking during his little speech that we are currently living in the best of times. I guess, different perspectives.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Do you know what's sad. These type of abuses were happening in South America frequently. Countries like Brazil, Equador and Mexico. These children, young adults who came forth with these allegations of sexual abuse were all branded as liars, and many were disowned by family or the community. Another example why Christopher Hitchens called religion a menance. His book "God is Not Great" is a great read. And the debate Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Frye vs. the Catholic church is a classic. Awesome debate by one of the last gerat atheist debaters, Hitchens. RIP.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Which surprises basically nobody. The Catholic Church might want to think about letting priests marry, because letting them drink doesn't seem to be enough to keep them from diddling the kiddies.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo