At a party and some guy from down the street comes after me with a bat..

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
So im at this party, and everyone is leaving, its like 11:30 and this guy comes up the street with an aluminum baseball bat. Now it is me and this other kid and he runs away and im like whoa calm down buddy and this mofo swings the bat and hits me!:Q so now im pissed and i grab the bat from him and throw it down the street and then i take off for my friends car to leave because i dont want any part in this. i wasnt drinking at all either. this guy calls the cops and they come (thankfully at this point im munching on some tacos from taco bell) and they cant find the house i guess. so anyways would any of you of hit the guy if he hit you first?

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001

<< So im at this party, and everyone is leaving, its like 11:30 and this guy comes up the street with an aluminum baseball bat. Now it is me and this other kid and he runs away and im like whoa calm down buddy and this mofo swings the bat and hits me!:Q so now im pissed and i grab the bat from him and throw it down the street and then i take off for my friends car to leave because i dont want any part in this. i wasnt drinking at all either. this guy calls the cops and they come (thankfully at this point im munching on some tacos from taco bell) and they cant find the house i guess. so anyways would any of you of hit the guy if he hit you first? >>

If I got hit for no f*cking reason? You better believe that little b@#$* would have gotten the crap beat out of him. Maybe not with the bat after I took it away, but you would have felt the winter of my discontent the next morning.

May 16, 2000
Actually, if anyone came at me threateningly with a weapon of any sort, I draw on him. If he doesn't immediately drop it or run, he takes two and dies. Period.

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000

<< So im at this party, and everyone is leaving, its like 11:30 and this guy comes up the street with an aluminum baseball bat. Now it is me and this other kid and he runs away and im like whoa calm down buddy and this mofo swings the bat and hits me!:Q so now im pissed and i grab the bat from him and throw it down the street and then i take off for my friends car to leave because i dont want any part in this. i wasnt drinking at all either. this guy calls the cops and they come (thankfully at this point im munching on some tacos from taco bell) and they cant find the house i guess. so anyways would any of you of hit the guy if he hit you first? >>

Hell yeah, I would have grabbed the bat and hit him like hitting a freaking homerun!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Actually, if anyone came at me threateningly with a weapon of any sort, I draw on him. If he doesn't immediately drop it or run, he takes two and dies. Period. >>

:Q

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
yeah he came up the street and was yelling at us and he was trying to talk to some kids and they just peeled out as they left then he was like to this other kid we dont put up with crap in this neighborhood thats when i stepped in

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
i had only 1 beer
there was some girls stripping at the party. that was the only positive (damn shoulda taken my camera ;))

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
why did he swing the bat at you? did you just stand there or had no time to react?

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
You had every right to defend yourself. One question though, how is it that there are so many tough guys that would have beat his ass on this forum, but in the world aside of the keyboard, these people are almost impossible to find. The ratio just seems a bit off.

I picture guys like 5'4", 135lbs, acting all big and bad behind the keyboard. Moocow, Prince, Pillage, this is not necessarilly directed at you, just a general statement, something I have noticed a lot lately on the net. It just seems everyone is a bad ass on their computer. I'd just like to see some of these people in action.

May 16, 2000
veryape - I agree, there's a lot of trash talking and pi$$ing contests. I'm not huge (5'11" 200-230lbs (depending on current health)) though I'm capable in combat (22 yrs on and off martial arts, military, security, recreational combat stuff), but you'll notice I didn't make any claims about going toe to toe with a bat wielder...my gun equals out all physical differences quite nicely. To be honest, I'd usually rather face someone with a weapon than if they're unarmed. If they have a weapon, I can draw. If they're unarmed (and in a small enough group) I have to go hand to hand or face charges. Also, once a gun comes out people tend to back off. That's the best possible outcome, fight over with no one injured.

d1abolic

Banned
Sep 21, 2001
Well i'm not the kind of person who looks for a fight, but if someone attacked me with a bat, and i managed to get it off him, i would beat him with it until he either runs or falls on the ground. Teach the sucker a lesson to mind his own business. Completely legal too, self-defense :D

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
<Well i'm not the kind of person who looks for a fight, but if someone attacked me with a bat, and i managed to get it off him, i would beat him with it until he either runs or falls on the ground. Teach the sucker a lesson to mind his own business. Completely legal too, self-defense >

No kidding, that fool would be crappping aluminum for a week...

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Did I read this right? HE CALLED THE COPS after hitting you with a bat? We're no doubt missing part of this story!

RJHNY1

Jan 28, 2002
I'm 6'0 and 160 pounds. If this guy hit me with the bat and I grabbed it from him, I would probably hit him in the leg, so he would have a bruised leg for the next week. Under no circumstances would I try to kill the guy. If I hit the guy in the leg and get caught, I can only claim self-defense, which it was.

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002

Are you under 18? if so, I woulda taken that bat from him and busted him good and hard in the stomach or sides a few times. Its self defense, and it would be an excellent case if you're under aged. I probably woulda taken a crack or two at his knees, thats killer :)

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002

<< If they have a weapon, I can draw. If they're unarmed (and in a small enough group) I have to go hand to hand or face charges. Also, once a gun comes out people tend to back off. That's the best possible outcome, fight over with no one injured. >>

Uhhh yeah, Until his buddy whips out his gun and pops YOU 2 and YOU'RE DEAD. Best Possible outcome...

Masas

Feb 11, 2001
I'm 5' 11'' and a measly 130...
if this guy hit me with a bat....

i woulda went down :eek:
but most likely, if he took at swing at me, I would've tried to stick close to HIS body as possible to limit his movement....
then knee him in the balls and run like hell...

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

<< Did I read this right? HE CALLED THE COPS after hitting you with a bat? We're no doubt missing part of this story! >>

FatDragonn

Nov 17, 2000

<< there was some girls stripping at the party. that was the only positive (damn shoulda taken my camera ) >>

that might have been his sister stripping :confused:

you could've been thinking about having your camera with you out loud.

tops2

Oct 6, 2000
well..at the time, i think i'd be so pissed that i'd wanna beat him like crazy after getting the bat...
but that won't really solve anything..