Asylum - adventure horror kickstarter

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Interesting.

A few things I want to point out:

• Asylum has already been in development for a couple years. The reason for the Kickstarter, is so they can finish things up and polish it for release...
  • ...which means, unlike many Kickstarter projects, if you back this one and opt for a copy of the game on release, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it. This isn't some barebones concept with no actual work behind it; rather, this game already exists. It's a thing. As mentioned above, they've been working on Asylum for quite a while now, and they just need the funds to make it complete.
  • This developer is not new. They previously released an excellent game called Scratches, all the way back in 2006. It's a point-and-click horror adventure title just like Asylum. It's probably the scariest game I've ever played, and unfortunately not many people have played it/heard of it.
  • This developer does have a pretty established fan base though. Case in point: Asylum has already been Greenlit on Steam. Meaning you don't need to worry about going onto Greenlight and voting for it; the game's already been accepted. When they finish development and you get your free copy, you will most likely be able to redeem it on Steam.

Because I enjoyed Scratches so much, I've been following the development of this game for a while now. Definitely wasn't expecting it to pop up on Kickstarter though... it seems to have come out of nowhere. But I can sort of understand; it's an extremely small, lesser-known developer, and they don't exactly have a lot of money.

Seriously though. To get an idea of what a great developer this is, play Scratches. Just do it. It's notably a very indie, budget title, but it's fucking fantastic. I love horror adventure games so I'll definitely be backing this Kickstarter.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/46460/

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
The game reached it's funding goal yesterday. If you hurry, you can still pre-order a copy for $15.