ASUSTeK incorporates Ultra-Threaded Core Architecture to the ATi's X1K series

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I found that interesting.

Taipei, Taiwan; October 13, 2005 ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), a leading provider of high-performance graphics solutions, today introduced the EAX1800XL/2DHTV/256M graphics card, the first member of the long-awaited X1K generation. Supporting ATI®'s most powerful native 16-lane PCIe VPU (video processing unit), Radeon® X1800XL, and DDR3 256MB memory, the new ASUS graphics card delivers exceptional video quality for the enthusiast market.

The EAX1800XL/2DHTV/256M combined the new ultra-threaded core 3D architecture with ATI's revolutionary Avivo? video and display technology to ramp up performance with mind-blowing speed and crisp 3D visual. The EAX1800XL/2DHTV/256M is CrossFire? ready as well to offer the power of multiple-GPU operation.

To provide a complete gaming experience, the EAX1800XL/2DHTV/256M includes unique ASUS technologies that allow gamers to record gaming actions and share them online, as well as provide video quality comparable to the best TVs.

Here's the link: http://usa.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=1498

I wonder how "better" it'll make the X800 XL (to start with, and then the XT variants surely) in terms of gaming performance. Especially if more supported by Dual-Core CPU's compatible drivers over time.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
I think thats just a regular Xl with some marketing in there to confuse the buyer.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Perhaps yes.

And that was released (the news) on October 13th, and no articles about that new "ultra-threaded core architecture" here at Anand or from other reviewing web-sites since then. Oh well.

whitewarrior11

Sep 13, 2005
This is a quote from ATI's website: "This is it. The new Radeon® X1800 Series hands you the visual and performance possibilities you only dreamed of from a PC graphics processor. It has been designed with a radically new ultra-threaded 3D architecture and Shader Model 3.0, unleashing the most mind-blowing gaming effects. What?s more, the X1800 introduces ATI?s revolutionary Avivo?, our new reference for video and display perfection."

I guess the ultra-threaded thing is just a standard characteristic for the X1800 series. Just my 2c.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Yes indeed it's surely marketing stuff. I just thought it was interesting, since I thought it was "new", unique to ASUSTeK's engineering.

But no, seems not.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Well with "Ultra Threaded Core Architecture" and "Extreme Pipelines" we ought to have a beast on our hands...when we can buy 'em.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
That is not a unique Asus product. They didn't change anything architecturally-wise, just re-advertised it.