Asus Z97-Pro BIOS update won't load my OC profiles

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
I just updated the BIOS on my Z97-Pro, and now the new BIOS won't load the OC profiles I carefully created and saved to a flash drive. It sees the drive just fine, but loading the OC profile CMO file fails.

Anyone else having this problem, or better yet know of a fix? It's going to be a pain to configure these again.

Mighty_Gretsch

Dec 29, 2014
You've probably found the answer by now but your saved OC profiles will not work with different Bios revisions. I had the same issue when I updated the bios on my Asus P9X79 WS motherboard. I'm a noob when it comes to overclocking so I didn't record my old oc settings with reliable pen and paper. Doh! I won't be making that mistake again.

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
You've probably found the answer by now but your saved OC profiles will not work with different Bios revisions. I had the same issue when I updated the bios on my Asus P9X79 WS motherboard. I'm a noob when it comes to overclocking so I didn't record my old oc settings with reliable pen and paper. Doh! I won't be making that mistake again.
I never had it confirmed that the OC profiles were tied to a specific BIOS, but that's obviously the case. I recreated mine for the new BIOS from some OC notes I made when I was experimenting. Didn't take as long as I thought.