Question ASUS XG27AQM vs Samsung G7 27"

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I am thinking of getting this monitor. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824281139

I was also looking at the Aorus FI27Q-X, as well as the Eve Spectrum equivalent. The problem with the Eve and Aorus equivalents is they seem to be out of stock right now. Also, I would not consider used for this purchase, and it must be from an authorized retailer as I want the full warranty. Any particular reason I should not get this Asus monitor, or wait for stock on something else? Thoughts?

I like that it is 240Hz with DP with possible OC to 270Hz. Also IPS. And a fair variety of extra ports. A small possible complaint is that the HDMI ports won't do over 144Hz, but DP is fine.

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I am also considering the Samsung G7 27" now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088HJ4VQK?tag=rtings-mn-p-20&ie=UTF8

My main concerns with this monitor are the curve, (not sure I will like it, or that it may be an awkward fit for my desk) only one year warranty, and some users complaining about flickering when using freesync/gsync, and possibly stutter with the firmware fix for this issue.

I do like that it is on sale, and I am wondering how much difference the HDR600 rating will make, though that is not my main concern. My understanding is that HDR has a framerate penalty, so I may leave it off anyway when using a QHD high refresh monitor.

gk1951

Jul 7, 2019
Shmee, I went Uber big with a Samsung 49" C49RG90SS. I use it for MSFS2020.

With the GPU horsepower you now have, what about a bigger monitor?

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Well there is limited room on my desk, and I like the 1440p resolution and high FPS/no lag. After some consideration, I ended up ordering the Asus.

gk1951

Jul 7, 2019
Tell us how you like once it arrives!

I was flying in MSFS2020 above the Danube River this morning and landed at the Budapest airport.

A 49" monitor is SO immersive!

fastman

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am thinking of getting this monitor. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824281139

I was also looking at the Aorus FI27Q-X, as well as the Eve Spectrum equivalent. The problem with the Eve and Aorus equivalents is they seem to be out of stock right now. Also, I would not consider used for this purchase, and it must be from an authorized retailer as I want the full warranty. Any particular reason I should not get this Asus monitor, or wait for stock on something else? Thoughts?

I like that it is 240Hz with DP with possible OC to 270Hz. Also IPS. And a fair variety of extra ports. A small possible complaint is that the HDMI ports won't do over 144Hz, but DP is fine.
I would not consider used for this purchase, and it must be from an authorized retailer as I want the full warranty.
If purchased from the Amazon Renewed Store does that negate the manufacturer's 1-year warrantee?

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
If purchased from the Amazon Renewed Store does that negate the manufacturer's 1-year warrantee?
I am not certain about this, but I am pretty sure Amazon marketplace does not qualify for most manufacturers as an authorized seller, which a lot of them require for warranty to be valid. I really don't know how Amazon renewed fits into this though, and it may differ by country as well.

BTW, at least according to the newegg page, the Asus ROG monitor has a 3 year warranty in the USA :O

Whirlwind

Nov 4, 2006
I know this is an old thread, but I just recently purchased the Samsung G7 mentioned above and I really like it.

The curve is cool as it makes for a cool gaming experience and the 240Hz is very nice and sync's the frames no problem