ASUS vs MSI Which has better RMA speed/customer service

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Just looking for a little feedback here. Trying to decide on a video card. I have heard bad stories for both. Evga is generally the best, but the GTX 1060 I am looking at seems to run fairly hot and loud.

Anyways, between Asus and MSI which would have better RMA and speed if there was ever an issue?

Anyone?

Jackie60

Aug 11, 2006
Asus took over 5 months to replace an RMA X99 deluxe MOBO for me. It fried 2 CPUs and I’d forgotten about the RMA and rebuilt the PC long ago meaning I was left with a useless board I didn’t dare test or sell.

Guru

May 5, 2017
It really depends. Both companies have had issue with RMA's and stuff like that, but on the other hand they've also done a good job. So, no one can really tell you. I've seen people have major issues with EVGA, the brand most people here swear by it. So any company has screwups and can screw you up.

Generally though you shouldn't see any sort of major difference.

Gt403cyl

Jun 12, 2018
I've had to RMA/warranty an MSI motherboard and warranty an ASUS laptop.

The MSI experience was definitely better in my opinion. Called them, setup with the email procedure, sent it off and got the replacement 8-10 days later.

The ASUS laptop had the AC port become unsoldered from the main board and same deal called them, got the shipping info, sent the laptop off.... They called me to say they were replacing the main board, when I got the laptop back they literally just soldered a new port on (all the same dust was in the USB ports and you could just tell that it was not a new board), so I called them and they were adamant they replaced it.... I just got a bad taste in my mouth from the experience.

Your mileage may vary but that's how mine went.