Asus V7100 and TwinView Problems

Joffer

Nov 2, 1999
I've got a Asus V7100 running on a Abit KT7 using a AMD Duron 600 oc 800 with VIA 4in1 v4.24a with Windows 2000 Pro as my OS.

First i tried the drivers from the cd, but changed to reference v6.18.

But i have big propblems with TwinView. I manage to switch between Monitor and TV (on the Standard option) but all other options (clone/horizontal/vertical) fails. What i want is to watch a movie on the TV while surfing (like the info about the Geforce2 MX says).

Could it just be that 6.18 isn't "good" enough and I should wait for new driver? or is it another problem with my system? Any tweaks I should try, or not try (i've tweaked a bit using the advanced options dialog, but nothing else). What about 4x AGP?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Joffer

subhuman

Aug 24, 2000
you cant do this with twin view. it's NOT a dualhead. if you want dualhead, you'll have to get a matrox. do a search on twinview in the forums here and you'll see a more detailed response.

Joffer

Nov 2, 1999
I can't`? i should be.

i should be able to have one part of the desktop on my monitor and the second on my TV!

Apr 7, 2000
Has anyone tried the new drivers from Nvidia. I don't ave a second monitor to try it yet.

Did you have troubes getting the drivers from the CD to even show up in the system tray. They loaded to the disk, but I couldnt get them to run. Had to go with the Nvidia stuff.

Dwane