Asus Transformer TF701T Battery Won't Charge- Please, god, help me

Raswan

Jan 29, 2010
Bought the Asus Transformer TF 701T for my wife in January 2014.

Currently running 4.4.2.

Till now, no real issues. Then, about three weeks ago, it just stopped accepting a charge altogether. Plug it in, no charge. The power brick works, as does the cable.

Tech support call with Asus resulted in him telling me to hold the power button for 45 seconds to initiate a power drain, then plug in charge and then turn back on. This accomplished nothing (there's no indication it even initiated a drain), after which he referred me to the service department where they said it was a hardware issue. I've likewise read some things about tablet batteries not accepting a charge if they are discharged too low. There were certainly times it sat on the dresser for three or four weeks.

I want to get this bitch up and running then either sell it or relegate it to light usage. Not willing to just let this collect dust as I spent $400 on it less than a year and a half ago. Ideas? Suggestions? At the very, very least, a reputable place to buy a new battery I can try to stick in it (though without identifying the underlying issue it seems like throwing good money after bad). Thanks so much!

Raswan

Jan 29, 2010

Thanks guy. Appreciate it. At the end of the day, $70 more is better than letting the tablet sit in the closet. But if this is a persistent software or hardware issue, I don't relish the notion of dealing with it again. I could spring for the $10 additional square trade 3 yr warranty, but I can't believe someone else hasn't had this issue and resolved it before now.

Is it possible she let it discharge down too far and now it won't accept it?