ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 32GB w/ Keyboard $500

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by EliteRetard, Jan 26, 2013.

1. EliteRetard

EliteRetard Diamond Member

2. xSauronx

xSauronx Lifer

great android tablet, i got one when it came out and it gets updates pushed to it regularly

3. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

Oooo, that's like getting the dock for free. Solid deal

4. DesiPower

DesiPower Lifer

I have TF300T with a dock and its amazing, I dont think I can ever use a tablet that does not have it!. I just love it. The docking and undocking is seamless, plus the extra battery in the dock kicks ass, the tablet goes one for ever without charging...

Gamestop is selling TF300 for $300 and BestBuy is selling dock for $50, for $350 you can get TF300 + Dock, TF700 has a much better resolution, but besides that they are pretty much the same hardware

5. DisgruntledVirus

So so tempting...

6. xSauronx

xSauronx Lifer

i can live without the dock but christ, if i could find the dock for my tf700 for 50 bucks id snap one up in a second. the tf300 dock will fit but not perfectly :-/

love the transformer prime though. seriously.

7. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

pretty awesome deal, i bet that thing just flies on android 4.2

8. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Tempting but they've been out for a while so I expect the new generation to be released fairly soon.

9. chronochime

chronochime Member

FWIW there are reports of random reboots with at least the TF700(infinity) on forums, and to this day the problem seem to persist with no solution found.

10. lazarus000

lazarus000 Senior member

I have one 32g infinity and dock

When the Jelly Bean update first came out the reboots were bad but there have been fewer and fewer as more updates have been put out. About the only time i ever get a reboot now is when i try and do Flash stuff online.

It just doesn't handle flash very well.

I can stream full HD movies to a large screen t.v. and still use it to do other things.

If you turn off the blue tooth,Wifi when not using them and adjust the power level to fit your job you can usually use it for days by rotating/recharging the dock.

when the Dock battery is depleted i detach/recharge it while still using the tablet. Reattach the dock and keeping using tablet without interruption. The Dock will recharge the tablet while still be used. It clicks on/off in seconds.

IF .... you like Tablet Android then this tablet is great. It's a powerful tablet ... it's just Android that's still sketchy imo

#10 lazarus000, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  11. montrealer

montrealer Junior Member

I got the tablet too when it first came out, and I do like it. Use it every day. (I even wrote a review for fun on my blog, see my profile) It does reboot randomly at times, but not often enough to bother me.

Noob question, how do you get it to play flash?

12. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

I believe you just need to use a browser that supports it, like Dolphin IIRC

13. lazarus000

lazarus000 Senior member

yep ... just make sure and choose 'full desktop' when installing Dolphin so that it doesn't giving the mobile window in place of flash stuff.

I'm not sure if the still have flash for download in the play store but i'm sure you can google find it.

14. xSauronx

xSauronx Lifer

come to think of it, mine has had maybe 2. i know it happened once a couple of weeks ago, i honestly cant remember it happening before that but its possible. my phone does it alot but the transformer has been solid for me

i will say that the netflix app is slow. thats my only beef with the thing.

15. lazarus000

lazarus000 Senior member

16. DesiPower

DesiPower Lifer

I have been using TF300T for about 2 months and it never rebooted yet. I did some research and it seems it might be related to add-on card, which, I am not using. Do they people here having random reboots using add-on cards? if so which one?