Asus Smart Doctor

Bandit1

Jan 11, 2005
Hello.Resident lurker who is having some troubles.I have been trying to oc this card but run into alot of problems.Asus Smart Doctor is the only program that is allowing me some voltage adjustment.I have tried MSI afterburner.The PROBLEM is this program appears to be poorly set up.The sliders are soo close togehter and if i am lucky,i can make a voltage adjustment,but not accurately because it is Soo hard to make the slider work i never know where it'll land!!Then,it seems stuck there until i either reset it or test it at set voltage.:(

I am really frustrated because i have this smancy fancy new 5850 like this one:http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Yi2BzMnQP4ttW3Fm&templete=2
It supposed to voltage tweak friendly.Hmm.

I am open to ideas,tips,whatnot but my impressions of smart doctor(tried several versions of it)are that its poorly designed.I long for something else that works the way it should.:)

Bandit1

Jan 11, 2005
Thanks.Tried that upon your mention,but no go.

What does seem to work in some half arse way is changing my mouse link icon to something more precise,then in one quick swoop slowly come at the slider at an angle while still in motion,LOL.I am thinking now maybe simply my 27.5' monitor is not agreeing with this munchkin sized program.

Oh,btw,for anyone curious max allowed volt i can get to register is 1.35v.Default is 1.118v .