ASUS Slot 1 to Socket 370 thingie question

Thijssss

Aug 29, 2001
Ok after a long search I now got my hands on a original ASUS converter card with Vcore adjustment jumpers.. my own mainbord (asus P2B r1.04) only supports 1.8v as lowest .. and I believe the Celeron 800+ needs lower than that.. now that's no problem because If I overclock it a bit and cool it good the 1.8v would be perfect right?
I just wondered .. 'in case it's needed' .. if I put the jumpers on the converter on let's say 1.65v .. and my mainbord is set to 1.8v (because it can't go lower), what would the CPU get? 1.65v or 1.8v ?

The new Celeron's.. like the 800 got a Coppermine die on it right? because I can set this converter to 'Coppermine' or 'Celeron' .. so which should I use?

Thanks!

PING

Oct 9, 1999
set the motherboard to "default setting" or "cpu default" not "manual." the motherboard should set the vcore 1.65v. i don't have P2B, but this is how I did on my BH6. good luck.

Thijssss

Aug 29, 2001
If I could.. you had read my text you would have noticed that I got a older P2B that doesn't support voltages below 1.8v .. so I can't and I HAVE to set it manual.. no default setting orso. (i'm glad that I can set it, I hate mb's that set everything in the bios hehe).

I just wanted to know if the slot converter also converted the voltage.. like if my mainbord gives 1.8v and I set the slot converter to 1.65v .. what would the cpu get?

:p

bacillus

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001

<< I just wanted to know if the slot converter also converted the voltage >>

no that slocket doesn't. :(
if you set it for less than the minimum your m/board can supply then your pc won't boot.