ASUS Rampage III Black Edition?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by mlauzon76, Jan 8, 2013.

1. mlauzon76

mlauzon76 Member

Does anyone know where I can get the ASUS Rampage III Black Edition?

And before you say something like "Why not upgrade your computer?", I am not working, so I cannot upgrade, as I don't have the money to do so. My Rampage II Extreme is starting to go, and is out of warranty, so I am looking at replacing the mobo with the RIIIBE.

2. lehtv

lehtv Lifer

You're kidding, right? You don't have money to upgrade, but you want to splash $560 on a motherboard? Just sell your existing LGA1366 gear and get LGA1155 parts. $500 buys 3770K, midrange mobo and some RAM.

3. bleucharm28

bleucharm28 Senior member

I see some Rampage II & III price range at $75-$200 at ebay, think ARIII-BE is nice but really expensive; especially for old tech.

4. tweakboy

tweakboy Diamond Member

Why do you want this particular board. black edition means the PCB is black ..... syke....... syke....... heheh

The only thing that makes that mobo special is it has 4 PCIe x16 slots and therefore sells expensivei buy enthusiast wanting quad SLI or Xfire...

If your going to do triple or quad xfire or sli then I understand this board is for you. But if your going just SLI xfire 2 cards your waisting your money....

thx

5. mlauzon76

mlauzon76 Member

I have no choice, I have to use old tech, once I get a job -- if ever -- then I'll upgrade to newer tech.

6. skipsneeky2

skipsneeky2 Diamond Member

Betting ebay will have this board,hell they got the old x38/p45 maximus motherboards and even some classics like the p4c800-e deluxe and the abit ic7 max3 based on the 478 socket,but often they ask for a hefty premium.

If they don't have this board,there's still a wide selection of boards up for auction.

7. mlauzon76

mlauzon76 Member

The problem with eBay is that 99.99% of the sellers don't want to ship to Canada, they just want to ship to anywhere in the us.

8. skipsneeky2

Even ebay.ca?

Most people are usually forgetting there is newegg.ca and even ebay.ca catering to canada and its consumers.

Heres a rampage 3 extreme but it isn't a BE http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131642 Price of $390+ 15 shipping well is up to you if its worth it but heck the BE was msrp at $500+

#8 skipsneeky2, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  9. sourn

sourn Senior member

Why do you want to go with such an expensive mobo if you're in a bind (which it sounds like).

Why not go with something a little more simple like an asus deluxe v2. Which you should be able to find for about 150.

10. mlauzon76

mlauzon76 Member

I'm not most people, I don't use newegg or any online store, because I don't have -- and never had -- a credit card.

11. HutchinsonJC

HutchinsonJC Member

Tell your bank you need a debit card?

12. mlauzon76

mlauzon76 Member

I am not going from an Enthusiast mobo to a non-Enthusiast mobo. I can save up the money I need to replace this mobo [ASUS Rampage II Extreme], but not for anything else.

Debit cards in Canada are just for access to your account in person at your bank, point of sale (retail, restaurants, etc), ATM machines using Interac, and to access telephone & online banking. Nothing more.

13. skipsneeky2

Pushing your luck looking for such a motherboard without a credit card or ordering online,perhaps a store like best buy or futureshop would have a order in store and pick up option but options might be limited.

Even a prepaid card would do wonders,at one point i had no debit card myself and i was working on a project 1974 dodge dart sport that needed a entire engine wiring harness,yearone.com had it and well the prepaid card got me ordering one in less then 2 hours.:)

14. Bman123

Bman123 Diamond Member

I'm not too sure if this is serious because it makes no sense at all. In a bind but want to buy a $500+ motherboard?

15. skipsneeky2

Saw the Ops motherboard on ebay,its $560 LOL and its the only listing period.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Rampag...968&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&sd=180652405300&

Unless the Op has a freaking 6 core and a credit card,finding that motherboard offline in some random pc store just isn't gonna happen nor is the price worth it.

Op,i used to lust for the ROG motherboards but lately these days,you get boards much cheaper with nearly 90% of the features sometimes for half the price.

$560 could get you a 3770k,a asrock extreme 4 motherboard,8gb of ram and a quality heatsink to overclock the 3770k.