• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Asus Prime Z590-A Motherboard

rosarian007

Feb 2, 2000
Hello Guys! I do not know if it matters, but I noticed AsusTek has different regions to download their Bios / Firmware file to update your Motherboard "Bios" chip.
Which region do you guys recommend? Why am I asking this question? I noticed a change in a particular setting in Windows 11 "System Information" called "PCR7 Configuration" (It changed to Bound with an English Swedish Bios), but "Binding not possible" with an American Bios version. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Hello Guys! I do not know if it matters, but I noticed AsusTek has different regions to download their Bios / Firmware file to update your Motherboard "Bios" chip.
Which region do you guys recommend? Why am I asking this question? I noticed a change in a particular setting in Windows 11 "System Information" called "PCR7 Configuration" (It changed to Bound with an English Swedish Bios), but "Binding not possible" with an American Bios version. What do you guys think?
It shouldn't matter where you download the BIOS. It should be the same (assuming you are comparing the same version number). The PCR7 configuration issue is probably because you didn't enable fTPM and/or Secure Boot in the BIOS.

ASK THE COMMUNITY