Question Asus Prime Z590-A Motherboard [Ongoing Issues]

rosarian007

Feb 2, 2000
Hello Guys! I do not know if it matters, but I noticed AsusTek has different regions to download their Bios / Firmware file to update your Motherboard "Bios" chip.
Which region do you guys recommend? Why am I asking this question? I noticed a change in a particular setting in Windows 11 "System Information" called "PCR7 Configuration" (It changed to Bound with an English Swedish Bios), but "Binding not possible" with an American Bios version. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Hello Guys! I do not know if it matters, but I noticed AsusTek has different regions to download their Bios / Firmware file to update your Motherboard "Bios" chip.
Which region do you guys recommend? Why am I asking this question? I noticed a change in a particular setting in Windows 11 "System Information" called "PCR7 Configuration" (It changed to Bound with an English Swedish Bios), but "Binding not possible" with an American Bios version. What do you guys think?
It shouldn't matter where you download the BIOS. It should be the same (assuming you are comparing the same version number). The PCR7 configuration issue is probably because you didn't enable fTPM and/or Secure Boot in the BIOS.

rosarian007

Feb 2, 2000
Hey guys. It's been a while since I updated this thread about my experience with the Asus Prime Z590-A Mainboard. I am having strange issues with my current setup.
For instance, applications launch on their own. The RAM fluctuation is unusual. When I boot up a linux distribution via USB at times it does not pick up the WiFi adapter. etc.

Today Asus release Firmware 1301 for the Prime Z590-A and I updated my board to see if it fixes my problem. I will update you guys if I see anything strange.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

rosarian007

Feb 2, 2000
I have Microsoft Windows Defender enabled and all the Microsoft Windows Security features.

I once booted up a Linux Distribution and while in the live environment I noticed Gparted launched on its own. Strange behavior.

Last edited:

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Any chance you have any RGB software installed on this system? Look for one by Patriot. If it's there uninstall it immediately and see if your symptoms go away.

rosarian007

Feb 2, 2000
Guys Stupid Question alert!! How do you know for sure I mean 100% sure you have an ORIGINAL ASUS MOTHERBOARD? Besides the sticker on the back, Logo in the front of the board etc. etc.

Jul 27, 2020
Guys Stupid Question alert!!
Not really stupid but concerning that you have to ask that question. Did you buy it from someone shady? What's the latest wonky thing that you have experienced from it?

It's not unusual to get a faulty new mobo. Why not try RMA? I once had to go with a guy to convince the shopkeeper that a brand new MSI P4 era mobo had a capacitor discharge issue where if the system was shutdown, the user would have to wait 5 to 10 minutes before it would turn back on.

The shop was a very busy one coz the guy was rich and sold really premium mobos (I saw a SATA P4 mobo in that shop almost immediately after seeing news reports of it. Mobo distributors gave him the newest stuff on priority basis).

Anyway, the shop owner was shooing the poor guy away because he couldn't explain the problem properly. I went there with him and told the techie that it was probably something to do with a bad capacitor as the time delay suggested some late discharging issue (I'm not an expert! Could have been anything else). The techie nodded his head and sent the mobo for RMA.

Last edited:

rosarian007

Feb 2, 2000
One of the strange things I notice with my current setup is when I am in the Firmware Software looking around, I notice black- or charcoal-colored squares appear on the screen and disappear. 2) My Western Digital Black drive disappears at times where I have to restart Windows 11 Pro to get it back. 3) A USB 3.1 Flash drive disconnected on its own without me doing anything?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020
One of the strange things I notice with my current setup is when I am in the Firmware Software looking around, I notice black- or charcoal-colored squares appear on the screen and disappear. 2) My Western Digital Black drive disappears at times where I have to restart Windows 11 Pro to get it back. 3) A USB 3.1 Flash drive disconnected on its own without me doing anything?
Everything is pointing towards a flaky mobo. You got a bad one. Why aren't you RMA'ing it?