Asus PC Probe II

Superoo

Jan 14, 2006
For my new build with an A8N-SLI premium MB & X2 4400, I initially installed all the nforce drivers (including the IDE driver) and ended up with a bit of a nightmare. I had however successfully installed PC Probe II.

After re-installing windows (and this time, not the nforce4 IDE drivers), I have tried to re-install PC Probe II but with no luck. The install keeps issuing a fault message of:

"Fail to install IO driver"

I have read about others having a similar problem but I can't seem to find the solution.
Do I need to install some other nforce component for this to work? I have only used the ethernet and SMBus drivers. Any ideas would be appreciated as I'd like to easily know what my new build is doing in terms of temps. I have tried installing in safe mode (one suggestion I received) but no go there either.

Thanks.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I am running the same board, BIOS 1009, Opteron 170, latest ForceWare, WinXP PRO SP2. Installed PC Probe II today. No issues and running perfectly.

Superoo

Jan 14, 2006
I also have the same bios 1009 and am running winXP PRO SP2.
I'm getting the feeling that I will need to install all the forceware drivers yet the IDE drivers caused me a heap of issues when I tried them.

Does anyone have PC Probe II installed without the IDE drivers?

Superoo

Jan 14, 2006
Interesting point - I've managed to install PC Probe V2.23.06 with no issues.
Anyone know the difference (other than the skins) between PC Probe and PC Probe II?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Superoo
I also have the same bios 1009 and am running winXP PRO SP2.
I'm getting the feeling that I will need to install all the forceware drivers yet the IDE drivers caused me a heap of issues when I tried them.

Does anyone have PC Probe II installed without the IDE drivers?

During the ForceWare installing, I only installed Ethernet and SMB drivers. Not IDE nor audio.