Asus P8Z77-V LX boot drive order problem

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
My main boot drive has been my BD-ROM drive. I recently added a DVD-ROM drive, and now the UEFI BIOS doesn't show the BD-ROM drive in the graphical boot drive list, but instead the DVD-ROM drive. It shows up in the boot drive menu, but not in the UI.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add/remove drives from the graphical menu? I'm using the latest firmware.

gcfalco

Feb 23, 2013
Did you ever resolve this one? I've a similar issue but its my new SSD that's in the boot list but not on the start-up running order list.

Any fixes?

Thanks!

LoveMachine

May 8, 2012
I have the P8Z77-V (no other letters after), and in my BIOS at least, there is an option in the Advanced Mode under the Boot Tab for HDD priority that sits somewhere above the boot order button. Once in that selection, you can choose which drive shows up first. It won't show up in the Boot Order section until that priority has been set.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I had an issue like this before and I think the UEFI bios would only recognize sata ports 0-3 (ie. plug #1-4), not ports 4&5 (plug 5&6).

Try moving the DVD drive to a different sata port.

Another solution is to just not use UEFI boot but regular boot.

Did you check the boot list when you hit F12 when the pc boots?

Last edited:

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
LoveMachine had the answer. You have to scroll way down the Boot tab in Advanced, because the relevant settings aren't near the top. I have two optical drives, and the UEFI was choosing the wrong one. Fixed that in a section for CD drives. Disabled all the boot options except for the drives that can actually boot. Disabled all the floppy options, because one of my external USB drives was showing up as a floppy drive. Saved everything, and now in EZMode only the bootable drives show up, and in the order I want them.