ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe - BIOS Update 3203

manderson

May 15, 2010
Updated the BIOS to most current version 3203. My whole system seems more stable and the SSD appears to be running faster.

There's a 3202 BIOS update for the P8Z68 Deluxe GEN3 board also.

Just an FYI...

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Nah must be the higher end stuff only. There is no update listed for my P8Z68-V LX.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
Yeah thanks, strange numbering progression though, from 0902 to 3203, but who cares will have to give it shot later.

bankster55

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2010
Its a big number jump because its the bios for SB-E compatibility
And several oproms had to be updated
Be aware, once you go 3xxxx you cant go back
And whatever you do dont stop it until its TOTALLY DONE
Do not let it fake you out.

manderson

May 15, 2010
So you are saying, SB-E CPUs are now compatible with 1155 motherboards? You sure about that?
Sparked my interest because I haven't read much about the new 8 core processors. Looks like SB-E is strictly socket lga2011 and x79 chipset.

I didn't dig into the details of the 3202 bios update, but it appears to be a vast improvement.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Yah one change is better video card stability.

After the update on my Pro Gen3 automatically every video card driver for nvidia cards worked. It used to be certain beta/offical drivers would give me "Driver stopped responding" and TERRIBLE screen tearing. After the update every beta/official driver just works flawlessly.

I was to the point i was going to sell my SLI GTX 580 for a ATI card it was that bad, i would get TDR errors every few minutes.

Not sure what changed in it for it, but its perfect now. Maybe it was a power issue who knows.

manderson

May 15, 2010
Not sure what changed in it for it, but its perfect now. Maybe it was a power issue who knows.
My SSD is smoking now. Not that it didn't work before, but there is a noticeable improvement with apps opening super fast the way they should. And the internet seems much faster, which could be related to video stability as you mentioned (using Raedeon HD6700).

bullbearish

Dec 12, 2011
Is wondering if "improved system stability" = more overclocking headroom. Anyone have any insight into what system stability changes have been made?

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
My bios update went off without a hitch. No problems so far, my system has always been super stable so I can't say that it's more stable now.

Copy and Pasted from the bios update page:

P8Z68 DELUXE BIOS 3203
1.Improve system stability.
2.Improve memory compatibility.
3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
* Enable support for Intel Next Gen 22nm Processor E1 stepping MP version CPU.

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Yah one change is better video card stability.

After the update on my Pro Gen3 automatically every video card driver for nvidia cards worked. It used to be certain beta/offical drivers would give me "Driver stopped responding" and TERRIBLE screen tearing. After the update every beta/official driver just works flawlessly.

I was to the point i was going to sell my SLI GTX 580 for a ATI card it was that bad, i would get TDR errors every few minutes.

I have been getting the video driver errors with my Radeon 6870 since I built the system. I'll see if this BIOS update resolves them.

bankster55

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2010
So you are saying, SB-E CPUs are now compatible with 1155 motherboards? You sure about that?

Ooops!
Brain fart
Not the "E", the "E1" stepping

Technically speaking its a compatibility update to
Enable support for Intel Next Gen 22nm Processor E1 stepping ..

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
After installing this my USB devices don't seem to work after resuming from sleep, I need to unplug/replug them or reboot. Any ideas?

bankster55

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2010
I think you mean IB :p

Uh yes, I already admitted that 2 posts up from yours
As it turns out I had just finished this (biased) SB IB comparison article, and my brain suffered from SB overload
http://vr-zone.com/articles/ivy-bridge-vs-sandy-bridge-vs-sandy-bridge-e--4.7ghz-preview/15202.html#
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Inside-the-Intel-Ivy-Bridge-Microarchitecture/1397/1
I deeply apologize for any unintended misinformation.
I will also submit this during my Wednesday confession asking for forgiveness from the holy one.(Paul Otellini)

steptaker

Jan 18, 2012
What is the date on bios update 3203? I have a P8Z68-V LE. The most current bios I see is 0805 from 2011.12.02

diamond247

Mar 14, 2012
After updating to the new bios 3202, my system now fails to power off unless i hold down the power button. When shutting down from windows, windows completes the shutdown process, but the cpu and case fans continue to spin until i hold down the power button.

Any ideas?

Also, on a separate issue, my2600K is running very hot on this mobo (not related to the bios, was running hot under the previous bios). It is idling at 43C. I have reseated the heat sink several times, but still get the high temps. I am using the stock intel cooler.

Any help on either issue is appreciated.

thanks