ASUS P8P67 Pro vs ASRock Z68 Extreme4: Argh!

marlinman

Dec 10, 2006
I'm putting together a new rig and have a shortlist consisting of a single P67 board (the ASUS P8P67 Pro) and a sole Z68 m/b (ASRock's Z68 Extreme4). The eventual choice will carry an i5-2500K, which I plan to overclock as fully as possible.

The Z68 board is ~US$8 pricier but will take my nice LGA775 heatsink. It also comes with a front USB3.0 panel (as opposed to the ASUS' slot panel approach), four 3-pin fan headers (as opposed to two for the ASUS), and on-board power/reset/CLR_CMOS buttons.

However, the ASUS has a 3 year warranty (as opposed to the ASRock's 2), comes with coax digital audio out (both boards do optical), and seems(?) to have a better LAN controller - an Intel WG82579V PHY (the ASRock uses a Broadcom BCM57781 PCIe).

On this last point THG states (in a P67 board roundup) that "Intel’s 82579 gigabit Ethernet PHY accesses the chipset’s port directly for improved performance, also freeing up one PCIe port." I don't really know how much weight to assign this difference between the boards - e.g. would it translate into lower pings? (I presume the transfer speeds would be the same!)

Also, the ASUS has a 'MemOK' button. The AT review of the Pro states "The MemOK button is a physical override for overclocked memory – by holding it down until the red light comes on, at next boot, the UEFI will override the memory settings to something more suitable." I'm not sure what use this would be. At the moment, if I try and push my board _too_ far, machine won't boot and I'm forced to clear the CMOS data (losing my saved profiles in the process - _big_ hassle). If mem settings are to blame, perhaps the MemOK button would save me from something as painful as this(?)

Finally, there's the bottom (third) PCIe x16 slot. I haven't found anything written about the ASRock's (the P8P67 seems to have been reviewed far more widely [unsurprising I guess given its age!]), but the following statements appear on THG and AT in relation to the ASUS':

"The black PCIe x16 slot is wired up as an x4 slot (as it shares bandwidth with the x1 slots, two USB 3.0 ports and the eSATA ports), and with a dual slot card in there, will cover most of the board USB headers."

"We wouldn’t normally use the four-lane x16-length PCIe slot for a third graphics card. Those that do will find that the card’s cooler pushes tightly against the ends of several front-panel cables, with full card insertion typically requiring enough force to smash the cable ends flat. We’d likely use this slot for a different task."

I'm currently waiting on 2 HD5830s, but the option of adding a third is kind of appealing. All I know about the ASRock's bottom slot is that is doesn't seem to share bandwidth with the x1 slots. Does it seem reasonable to infer that the ASRock would be a better option should I wish to use a 3rd video card?

marlinman

Dec 10, 2006
One more thing - is it likely that the Z68 chipset will have a longer lifespan than the P67 (i.e. support more advanced CPUs)?

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
Z68, for your last reason. It will be around when the P67 is clearly on its way out. It really is a bit of a coin toss in your case, but I'd also say you can't go wrong with either. I'll stick by my Z68 suggestion based on the value of SRT if you decide to add an SSD to the build.

darckhart

Jul 6, 2004
I have the ASRock z68 ext4 and can attest that it is a great board.

If you have no intent on using the igpu features of the intel cpu, then you have knocked out one of the major selling points of z68. The other is the Intel Smart Response Tech.

ethernet: the largest factor influencing ping is your wan connection. Unless you have an absolutely stellar connection (< 15 ms), the gain by their PR statement will not offer noticeable improvements to you. Now if you do large file transfers on your lan and you are using gigabit, then possibly their PR statement has validity. (A quirk of the ASRock mobo regarding ethernet is that it uses a Broadcom chipset that my win7 install did not autodetect and install the driver. I had to go to the asrock website and get the driver and install before I had lan capabilities.)

ram: The great thing about oc'ing this series of cpu is that it's all multiplier based. You don't really need to worry about ram dividers and ram speed (unless you like to bench on mem bandwidth). At most, you will be adjusting the ram timings, and if you use settings that are reasonably accommodated by your particular dimms, you should never have any problems.

3rd pcie slot: the z68 chipset already does not support enough native pcie lanes to afford 2x graphics cards. (afaik, z68 offers 16 from cpu mainly for graphics + 8 from PCH to handle the rest of the junk= 24) (If the board offers 2x pcie.v2.0 x16 slots (as with the asrock board), then it multiplexes using an NF200.) Anywa, imo, there's no way you will get anything useful out of the 3rd slot wrt 3d or gpgpu. (It might be useful for low bandwidth purposes like physx.) and yes, this is a failing of ALL motherboard manufacturers that force us to choose between slots (use one, block another), but if you use the last slot, it WILL squash other connectors (if you can even get them in there at all seeing as how most graphics card have this boxy shroud now). Also, if your card has the shroud, it WILL be very close to your bottom-mounted psu which means severely restricted airflow.

lifespan: the segmented chipsets are just pandering to different user groups. the main thing is your socket LGA1155.

marlinman

Dec 10, 2006
Thanks guys - the ASRock it is, then! Now I need to find a cooler for the e4300 I currently run (stupidly sold stock HSF when I scored a U-120 d'oh)!

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if the ThermalRight Archon fits ok with this board (gen3)?

Google's not giving me much.

Thanks.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if the ThermalRight Archon fits ok with this board (gen3)?

Google's not giving me much.

Thanks.

If the ThermalRight product spec includes socket 1156, then it will also work with socket 1155. I found an Xbit-Labs review of the cooler using testbed of a socket-1366 [Nehalem-hex-core] 980X clocked to 4.43 Ghz, and the specs were there -- which listed LGA-775, 1156 and 1366.

So you're good to go, I'd think, without any additional hardware, mods or additional work. It just "fits."

EDIT: Take a look at the ASUS Z68 boards. On the low-end, there's a P8Z68-V and an -LE. Around $200, the -v-Pro, and for maybe $230 to $250, the -V-Deluxe. For $360, you can get the Maximus IV Extreme-Z. I wrote a thread matching dollars to hardware-differences between models -- probably on the mobo forum. There's another fairly recent thread in which VirtualLarry gave some snaps and disucssions about features on the Maximus board supporting safe use of a multimeter to measure actual voltages.

I have the P8Z68-V-Pro, and I'm happier than a pig in s***.

Just about everything you'd expect on these boards represents "early maturity" for this chipset (Z68), since it was built to incorporate features of P67 and H67(?). There have been two significant BIOS revisions since the Z68 board releases this spring. It tentatively seems that they are cleaning up loose ends early. They may have fixed a bias in Asus Monitor's temperature monitoring, and fixed some glitches in the ISRT feature.

One more thing: On the third PCI-E slot. What you describe is an identical limitation on my own Z68 board (which I mentioned already). I suppose, if you have the money, get a board that supports your triple-Crossfire or what have you. I think the Maximus IV I mentioned gives you that; there's an EVGA board that does also.

But the Z68 chipset allows for an integrated use of the onboard iGPU and any single or double dGPU descrete graphics cards.

Personally, I quit the idea of SLI with my nVidia card preferences and got a single GTX 570. I want to cut my power bill and still get performance. So far, it seems to take anything I can throw at it although I don't collect a lot of games and only use some simulation programs.

Last edited:

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Hi BonzaiDuck many thanks for your response.

My first choice was the Asus, but with these new boards starting to land, I might have a few more options further down the road with regards to PCI-E 3 and Ivy Bridge.

I've heard good things about the ASRock, so it's a toss up between the two.

I'm not even sure I need something like the Archon for a 2500k as it might be overkill for what I need, but my thinking is for just &#163;20 more I could have that instead of a 212+.

I've never built a complete rig before and this is all new to me, so any additional mods would scare me away. Everything is like a big jigsaw puzzle at the moment.

But your advice is much appreciated.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Hi BonzaiDuck many thanks for your response.

My first choice was the Asus, but with these new boards starting to land, I might have a few more options further down the road with regards to PCI-E 3 and Ivy Bridge.

I've heard good things about the ASRock, so it's a toss up between the two.

I'm not even sure I need something like the Archon for a 2500k as it might be overkill for what I need, but my thinking is for just £20 more I could have that instead of a 212+.

I've never built a complete rig before and this is all new to me, so any additional mods would scare me away. Everything is like a big jigsaw puzzle at the moment.

But your advice is much appreciated.

You might have a few more options. With the "jigsaw" factor, you may want to run some web-searches that do comparison reviews for each and every component, and take a little time. I think the AsRock Extreme 4 and part of the ASUS P8Z68 model-line are comparably priced. You'll find some indications on other threads posted here suggesting a toss-up between the two boards. I can readily say that -- according to reviews -- the AsRock board has an edge over the P8Z68-V-Pro for having a PCI-to-PCI-E bridge or factors giving the AsRock extra PCI-E bandwidth.

I purposely chose to -V-Pro because of several reviews, but also because I deliberately chose to limit my needs (both immediate and for upgrade-potential). I can still do SLI on this board, but with the performance of above-middle range graphics cards and this "Lucid Virtu" feature with the Intel Graphics, I like "simple-is-best" and lower power-consumption.

Did I see that USAF insignia one sees on military planes? You couch your price-observations in British pounds.

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
You might have a few more options. With the "jigsaw" factor, you may want to run some web-searches that do comparison reviews for each and every component, and take a little time. I think the AsRock Extreme 4 and part of the ASUS P8Z68 model-line are comparably priced. You'll find some indications on other threads posted here suggesting a toss-up between the two boards. I can readily say that -- according to reviews -- the AsRock board has an edge over the P8Z68-V-Pro for having a PCI-to-PCI-E bridge or factors giving the AsRock extra PCI-E bandwidth.

I purposely chose to -V-Pro because of several reviews, but also because I deliberately chose to limit my needs (both immediate and for upgrade-potential). I can still do SLI on this board, but with the performance of above-middle range graphics cards and this "Lucid Virtu" feature with the Intel Graphics, I like "simple-is-best" and lower power-consumption.

Hi, I went ahead and ordered the Asrock. I ordered quite a few bits in the end!

I went with this:
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
ThermalRight Archon
8gb G. Skill Sniper
Crucial M4 128gb SSD
HD 6870 1GB
Corsair AX850 PSU (slight overkill, but I'm hoping to crossfire next gen ATI cards)
Windows 7 Home
Corsair 650D

I've been meaning to build a rig since 2002, so to finally get around to it, I'm still buzzing! I just hope it all comes together well and is reasonably quiet.

What will take you guys a hour to build, will take me a week but I'm looking forward to the adventures ahead.

I will report back and probably be crying for help very soon.

Did I see that USAF insignia one sees on military planes? You couch your price-observations in British pounds.

I'm in merry old England. Dunno why but I've always liked the USAF logo.

Thanks for all your help (now I'm going back to refresh my order status page) :)

Just a quick question: are floppy drives still needed to flash a bios or update motherboard drivers?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
. . . What will take you guys a hour to build, will take me a week but I'm looking forward to the adventures ahead.

. . . I'm in merry old England. Dunno why but I've always liked the USAF logo.

Thanks for all your help (now I'm going back to refresh my order status page) :)

Just a quick question: are floppy drives still needed to flash a bios or update motherboard drivers?

I'm having trouble locating a USB floppy or one that can be cabled to the motherboard (which can be very easily done even if the unit has "external" USB A and B cables in a kludge to an external port).

But if you get used to using USB flash sticks, you probably won't miss the floppy. Even so, send me a PM if you find one and give me the reseller's link. It may be useful information even if they are located in UK.

Oh, yeah. The "time it takes to build" issue. I consider mine a work in progress, and it's been about two and a half months.

Last edited:

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
ok no problem.

I noticed the Asrock does have a floppy connector.

I didn't get round to building my PC this weekend. I'm sending the 650D back and ordered the HAF X instead.

RobertR1

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
ok no problem.

I noticed the Asrock does have a floppy connector.

I didn't get round to building my PC this weekend. I'm sending the 650D back and ordered the HAF X instead.

I was looking at both cases. What don't you link about the 650D?

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
I was reading on Corsair's forum and elsewhere, quite a few people are unhappy with the case - complaining about the airflow, and there seems to be a problem with the front fan making excessive noise. This appears to be a design fault with some units. There is a fix (a new fankit or fan controller) but seems to be hit or miss which are being shipped now by Corsair.

The case I bought didn't come with the revised linear fan controller. It did come with the new fan kit though. If you do get one check the model number - the latest one has a -1 at the end. If it doesn't you'll have to contact Corsair and install it yourself (but only if the fan noise is bothering you)

I bought it because it looks nice and is well made but had that niggly feeling I made a bad choice.

For me the HAF X does everything the 650D does and has superior airflow for only a bit more money. It's a love/hate thing with the aesthetics. I'm building this partly because of BF3 - the HAF X looks like it was built for it! They purposely designed it to look like a tank.

Most of the reviews I've read have been very positive for the Corsair. Don't ask me why I read Anandtech's review last, which is quite critical of the 650D.

Last edited:

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Hi guys, built my PC! First time I've ever done anything like this before. Took me 15 hours to get almost everything the way I want!

15 long, sometimes stressful, draining hours but it's up and running, and no real dramas so far. My place is a mess though!

The Extreme4 Gen3 looks sweet in the case. Inside the whole thing is all black, gold and silver. Black case, black motherboard, black PSU, black card, black ram. The only thing spoiling it is a few cables here and there. I'll try to get a pic up at some point.

Not overly impressed with the Hyper 212+. Even when it's securely tightened, it still wobbles about. I'm not sure I've applied the thermal paste on properly either. But it doesn't block any ram (just) or PCI slots.

I don't think my temperature are good either. I'm trying to take a screenshot on HWMonitor and upload it via photobucket but it comes out small and blurred.

On a stock 2500k I'm getting (idle)
Core #0 32C
#1 35C
#2 34C
#3 34C

And the RPM on the fans is 2000! That can't be right..

Slightly disappointed with my XFX HD 6870. I don't think it's a reference board as it looks small and I swear it touches the chipset, or whatever the V8 thingy is on the motherboard. Also the last PCI E slot seems redundant to me as it looks like it would interfere with the connectors on the end of the board.

I love the HAF X. So glad I went with it in the end. I can put 6 fans in this thing!

My Windows Index Experience is pretty good - 7.5. The processor is 7.5, RAM 7.8, Graphics 7.8, Gaming 7.8 (lol?), disk drive 7.9

I feel so tired but satisfied. I've been meaning to build a PC since 2002, so to finally do it, I'm really pleased. I'm typing this on a computer I built!

I finally feel like a real member of Anandtech now.

Right I'm off to bed.

Last edited:

RobertR1

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
Thanks for the impressions. I'm more or less copying going to end up with your build so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'll be looking forward to your feedback on the Mobo in regards to it's stability and OC'ing ability over the next few days.

How was the cable management on the HAF? When you get a chance, would you mind listing out your build? Thanks.

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Hi, this is what I went with:

i5 2500k with a Hyper 212+
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8gb G Skill Sniper (1.25v)
XFX HD 6870
Crucial M4 128gb
Corsair AX850

I'm liking the motherboard so far. I can control the bios via my MX Revolution wireless mouse. People have been reporting that some USB and PS/2 keyboards don't work accessing and navigating the bios but I've not had any trouble.

The bios interface appears to have everything covered. It detected the ram timing and voltage correctly. The temps don't match up to HWmonitor though.

For the price it seems to punch above it's weight. It's got a connecton for everything I can think of. I'm sure there's a sting in the tail somewhere. I will report back when I get a chance to overclock.

There's no bios updates yet as it's still relativley new and stuck at 1.00 on their website.

From the brief look I had of the Corsair 650D the cable management and build quality looked really good, but some people mentioned the back case panel isn't deep enough for all the hidden wires.

I love the HAF X. I thought it looked a little tacky in pictures and videos, but here in front of me, it looks great. Maybe too much plastic though. It's got 4 fans included. At the front, back, one on the side panel and one on the top. You can fit an additional one in the VGA shroud and the top. Cable management is good but I don't think it's as good as the 650D. A few more holes to feed cables through would have been nice, but like I said it's still ok.

It's reasonably quiet too, the fans are running on full at the moment, it's audible but not bad at all. It's definitely not distracting.

I didn't plan ahead for the AX850. I was expecting the cables to be hard wired into the PSU. It took awhile to figure out, but it's quiet too and matches the motherboard well.

The Crucial M4 uses a Marvell controller as does the Asrock (I think). It's wizzing along nicely in ACHI mode. Not quite the performance boost I was hoping for, but I'm happy enough. I was thinking about getting another, but can't see a bracket for an extra ssd. Windows 7 Home 64bit took about 15mins to install and booting up is nice and quick. I just did a restart and it took 17.5 seconds.

Obviously this is just my opinion. I'm not in a position to recommend anything. Only 3 months ago I was still using a Dell from 2001 ! and I haven't got anything else to compare it with.

Just as an afterthought, the Sniper ram wasn't as low profile as I thought. It has a gun barrel heatspreader which could interfere with larger heatsinks.

edit: just a little update. Installed the latest firmware for my M4 ssd and using the Intel controller and wow the increase in speed is really noticeable!

Last edited:

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
ok, I'm just testing my 2500k. First time I've ever done this. I haven't messed about with the bios. I just set it auto. I'll tweak the settings when I've read up a little more.

I've been running prime95 for about 30mins at 4400ghz, and it seems normal, as per the screenshot, everything has stayed the same. I tried 4.6ghz on the auto thingy and it wouldn't boot up.

If I can get to 4.5 I'll be really happy.

Do these temperatures look right?

(sorry about the size of the pic, my options are either small or super huge

Last edited:

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Temps look about right for a 212+ @1.296V. I've found that under load HWMonitor's temps are about 2-4C lower than Core Temp. New version of Core Temp is out, might want to give it a try. http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ Click on More Downloads... and download the standalone version.

I was using a 212+. It does move a bit due to some play in the mounting bracket. It's fan is rated at 2000 RPM.
I was using the fill in the spaces between the base partitions and heat pipes and 2 thin lines to apply TIM method from benchmarkreviews, but after remounting it I found that this was too much TIM.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=5

Filling in the spaces and 1 thin line of TIM (AS5's vertical line method) on the CPU worked best.
http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appmeth/int/vl/intel_app_method_vertical_line_v1.1.pdf
http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/hp/hphs_method.pdf

Also if you enable Internal PLL Voltage in the bios your BCLK will be at 100 Mhz instead of 99.8.

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Hello MadScientist, many thanks for your response.

Regarding the thermal compound, cramming the gaps inbetween the heatpipes looked a bit too fiddly for me, so in the end I decided to run 3 very thin strips of Arctic Silver 5 along the middle of the heatsink and let gravity fill in the gaps. I think I messed this bit up.

I changed spread spectrum and that got my BCLK up to 100mhz.

My temperatures have remained the same at 4.4ghz and at 1.296 - 1.304v. Maximum they're reading is 63c, 69c, 68c and 66c via Core Temp and Real Temp.

Running the auto overclock, the system hangs at 4.6ghz and BSOD at 4.8ghz. The core voltage at 4.6 is about ~1.33.

I'm wondering what might be holding me back. I've been thinking maybe a Noctua D14 might help but not sure if it's worth the extra money now.

This is what the bios is set at on (mostly) auto:

Advanced Turbo 50 --- Disabled
Load Optimized CPU OC Setting ---- Turbo 4.4ghz
Internal PLL OverVoltage ---Disabled
GT Frequency --- 1100mhz
Voltage OverRide --- Auto
Intel SpeedStep --- Enabled
Core Current Limit --- 200 (I changed this from 150, I read somehwhere it might help the system from crashing?)
BCLK --- 100mhz
Spread Spectrum --- Disabled
CPU Core Voltage [1.328v?] --- Auto
CPU Load Line Calibration [Level 5] Auto
IGPU Voltage [+0MV] --- Auto
IGPU VDROOP [with] --- Auto
DRAM Voltage [1.260v] --- Auto
PCH Voltage [1.059v] --- Auto
CPU PLL Voltage [1.832v] --- Auto
VTT Voltage [1.051v] --- Auto
VCCSA Voltage [0.925v] Auto

Some of the voltages don't look right to me. I'm not sure if the bios is reading them properly.

I've read so much already, I'm confused. If anyone could please quickly check these numbers and help me tweak my settings a bit more.

Also I'm not sure how much further this processor could go. Could I get 4.6 or 4.8? If a decent cooler like the Noctua can bring down the temperatures, can it end up lowering the vcore too?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

RobertR1

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
Hi, this is what I went with:

i5 2500k with a Hyper 212+
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8gb G Skill Sniper (1.25v)
XFX HD 6870
Crucial M4 128gb
Corsair AX850

Awesome feedback. It really helps me out.

My build is going to be close:

i5 2500k with Hyper 212+ (will sell for IB later if the jump is high enough)
AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8GB CAS8 1600 RAM at 1.5 (from reading review this seems to be the speed spot for performance)
GTX 260 (this is being carried over until the HD7000 series comes out from AMD. If AMD delays it like they have been on BullDozer, I'll get a MSI Lightning 580GTX and call it a day)
Crucial M4 128GB. For OS and only most played games like BF3, Dota 2 and Skrim
OCZ Gold Plus 850w PSU (already bought for on sale for $100)
Haf X (90&#37; sure about this one)
Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB data drive for all data and rest of games

I'll be buying pieces are they go on sale form now until the release of BF3. In the meantime, I'm pulling my data off my current setup and getting read

RobertR1

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
Hello MadScientist, many thanks for your response.

Regarding the thermal compound, cramming the gaps inbetween the heatpipes looked a bit too fiddly for me, so in the end I decided to run 3 very thin strips of Arctic Silver 5 along the middle of the heatsink and let gravity fill in the gaps. I think I messed this bit up.

I changed spread spectrum and that got my BCLK up to 100mhz.

My temperatures have remained the same at 4.4ghz and at 1.296 - 1.304v. Maximum they're reading is 63c, 69c, 68c and 66c via Core Temp and Real Temp.

Running the auto overclock, the system hangs at 4.6ghz and BSOD at 4.8ghz. The core voltage at 4.6 is about ~1.33.

I'm wondering what might be holding me back. I've been thinking maybe a Noctua D14 might help but not sure if it's worth the extra money now.

This is what the bios is set at on (mostly) auto:

Advanced Turbo 50 --- Disabled
Load Optimized CPU OC Setting ---- Turbo 4.4ghz
Internal PLL OverVoltage ---Disabled
GT Frequency --- 1100mhz
Voltage OverRide --- Auto
Intel SpeedStep --- Enabled
Core Current Limit --- 200 (I changed this from 150, I read somehwhere it might help the system from crashing?)
BCLK --- 100mhz
Spread Spectrum --- Disabled
CPU Core Voltage [1.328v?] --- Auto
CPU Load Line Calibration [Level 5] Auto
IGPU Voltage [+0MV] --- Auto
IGPU VDROOP [with] --- Auto
DRAM Voltage [1.260v] --- Auto
PCH Voltage [1.059v] --- Auto
CPU PLL Voltage [1.832v] --- Auto
VTT Voltage [1.051v] --- Auto
VCCSA Voltage [0.925v] Auto

Some of the voltages don't look right to me. I'm not sure if the bios is reading them properly.

I've read so much already, I'm confused. If anyone could please quickly check these numbers and help me tweak my settings a bit more.

Also I'm not sure how much further this processor could go. Could I get 4.6 or 4.8? If a decent cooler like the Noctua can bring down the temperatures, can it end up lowering the vcore too?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

http://www.overclockers.com/asrock-z68-extreme4-review/

Read this review. The bit about core current limit. Hopefully I can contribute back to you for a change :)