Question asus P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I would tend to expect that it would, even if it doesn't explicitly list it.

The i5-3470T model, is probably a 35/45W variant of the i5-3470. I'll have to look it up, but assuming that the i5-3470 is 65W or below, your board should accept it no problem, I would think.

Edit: I took a look at that list, the i5-3570K IS supported, and that's 77W TDP, so your i5-3470 non-T model should be supported no problem, I would think. Sometimes those CPU support charts are missing a few models, just an over-sight, I'm fairly sure.

Edit: Oh, hmm, you specifically mean the 'i5-3470S' model. That might be more tricky. But if they support the 'T' model, they should, in theory, support the 'S' model. Generally, they're not all that different. I'd assume that it would be supported, unless you can Google your mobo model, that CPU model, and the word 'unsupported', and see what comes up.

cedieasd

Jun 21, 2019
I would tend to expect that it would, even if it doesn't explicitly list it.

The i5-3470T model, is probably a 35/45W variant of the i5-3470. I'll have to look it up, but assuming that the i5-3470 is 65W or below, your board should accept it no problem, I would think.

Edit: I took a look at that list, the i5-3570K IS supported, and that's 77W TDP, so your i5-3470 non-T model should be supported no problem, I would think. Sometimes those CPU support charts are missing a few models, just an over-sight, I'm fairly sure.

Edit: Oh, hmm, you specifically mean the 'i5-3470S' model. That might be more tricky. But if they support the 'T' model, they should, in theory, support the 'S' model. Generally, they're not all that different. I'd assume that it would be supported, unless you can Google your mobo model, that CPU model, and the word 'unsupported', and see what comes up.

I'll have the processor tested tomorrow on my on MOBO so we will not guess anymore, it's kinda weird if it's somehow incompatible