Asus P8 Z68 V Pro - ethernet ?

Methodical2

Nov 27, 2011
www.methodicalimages.com
I see Asus has an update for the intel gigabit ethernet (v.16.5.0.0), but it does not state what the update changes or improves. My version is 11.8.74.0. Can anyone tell me what the update changes or improves and whether or not the install is worthy?

Thanks...Al

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What about if it improves performance? Did you install this update?

If your having issues with internal file transfers on your LAN then it may help performance....But it isn't gonna speed up a laggy internet connection!

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
You can install over the top,Intel driver installation removes old driver anyway.

plion

Aug 7, 2005
Do not download 16.8 there is a bug where it doesn't recognize your lan properly. Intel said they found the problem and would be releasing it in "soon". Stick with 16.7 for now

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Do not download 16.8 there is a bug where it doesn't recognize your lan properly. Intel said they found the problem and would be releasing it in "soon". Stick with 16.7 for now

No problems here on my Asus V/GEN3 with 16.8 great pings and no issues online with my Intel Nic.

Methodical2

Nov 27, 2011
www.methodicalimages.com
I read the download site and it states "installs the LAN driver version 16.8 for Intel® Desktop Boards with the Intel® PRO Network Connection. I'm not sure if I have the intel PRO network connection. The one I have, according to the device manager under the network adapters tab, is the Intel (R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection. Are they one in the same or different - seems to be different to me.

Thanks...Al

Latest version is 16.8 you can get it from here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20766 (I've it installed on my Asus Z68 V/Gen3 board).

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I read the download site and it states "installs the LAN driver version 16.8 for Intel® Desktop Boards with the Intel® PRO Network Connection. I'm not sure if I have the intel PRO network connection. The one I have, according to the device manager under the network adapters tab, is the Intel (R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection. Are they one in the same or different - seems to be different to me.

Thanks...Al

You can use their checker,I got this

Product Detected Intel(R) 82579V based Network Controller(OEM)
Current Driver Installed 11.15.12.0
Your driver is current.

Intel Checker link here http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/?iid=subhdr+dnlds_detect

Methodical2

Nov 27, 2011
www.methodicalimages.com
Thanks for the link^^^^. I tried to run the checker, but it just runs and never installs. How long does it suppose to take to run the check? Btw, I checked through windows and it said the driver was up to date, but when I saw this update on Asus site and that's why I've asked these questions.

Thanks...Al

Last edited:

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Thanks for the link^^^^. I tried to run the checker, but it just runs and never installs. How long does it suppose to take to run the check? Btw, I checked through windows and it said the driver was up to date, but when I saw this update on Asus site and that's why I've asked these questions.

Thanks...Al

You need Java installed,takes less then a minute to check on my PC.

Buddy

Apr 27, 2000

Weird, I have installed the latest one from intel, and actually after restarts, sometimes it's recognised as V sometimes as LM. It just keeps changing whenever it wants too.

Not sure if its impacting performance though, seems to be working fine.